Luminar 3.0.1 is here

Comments

90 comments

Anastasia Davis

@Udo @Marc Sorry for the inconveniences. There was a technical glitch, please try downloading full installer once again, it should work just fine.

Comment actions Permalink
    M van den Broek

I've download and intall the full installer en stil doesn't work. It hangs on the startupscreen.

Harry Conte

I still have not been able to install the update to L3.  

This link is of no help whatsoever:

Philipp Rockrohr
    It's very annoying. 
    Bought it because of the good performance of luminar 2018. But now with luminar 3 it is useless for me. Can't edit pictures where I've used the AI Sky filter....what a crap .... And I've to wait a month to be fixed!? Are you f****** crazy!?

The people paid for the software and expect a full running one. What they get is a piece of sh****

What is going an here!?
    Cem Dinckol

Hi,

I have ended in Dec my Adobe subscription (LR + PS) as my hopes for a cool Luminar 3 were high after initial reviews. I'm happy were this is going and to have an alternative on the market but currently I can't enjoy using it:

- first my system: Windows 10 Pro, CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1700, RAM 32GB, GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, Luminar 2018 is still installed (not used); I have 53445 Photos in the library, 50807 of them sit on an external NAS

- start of Luminar takes slightly more than 5 mins, then this screen comesThis stays for another approx. 3 mins until I see the previews and can scroll

- ok after reading here the AI filter seem to cause issues to re-access the photo - same here

- from the screenshot above you can see 2 folders with an exclamation mark; those folders are deleted but Luminar doesn't seem to understand this unless I don't know how to use it but I thought it would do this automatically

- whilst the app is running and I add photos to the folder I can't figure out how to update the library to show the new files; right mouse click on a folder with the option to just refresh that folder would be great !

- I haven't checked yet my old Fuji XT1 files but just in Dec I have switched to a Sony RX100 IV and I like to shoot in RAW but Luminar blows the files up, I was thinking there should be a camera profile for the RX100 IV ?

unedited, exported RAW out of Luminar, even clicking on lens distortion won't change much by changing the amount of the distortion via the slider I can get the edge straight but the center of the photo will still have a bit of blow up; so overall a pain to everytime fix the distortion

the jpg out of camera, only resized by 50% so to upload here

- unfortunately I had not paid attention if Luminar supports video files before I ended my subscription with Adobe but I hope sometime this year there might be a feature update ;)

K.G. Wuensch

@Cem, maybe it would be best to wait another year, I don't see Luminar 3 becoming stable ever (it has fatal conceptual flaws which will be nigh on impossible to fix in future releases) but it's going to take at least a year...

Cem Dinckol

ugh..don't say that K.G....your last name indicates hopefully our wishes (Wuensche) will become true .... this year

EDIT: forgot one more issue: using the white balance selector on a raw file makes the app hang

@K.G. you might be right ...

Harry Conte

Still have not been able to update to L3 update.  Put in a support ticket maybe a week ago.  Today I heard back on a support ticket that was solved for the upgrade to L3 providing a link that didn't work which was the complaint of my original support ticket.  In the same context they offered me a discount on Aurora.

We can't get L3 straightened out why would I buy another one of your products?

Cem Dinckol

Unfortunately I have to report another feature which is not working: free transform

this this the raw initial view exported

In the transform tool I straighten slightly the horizon which leads to this

Then I click on another photo, e.g. the jpg version of this and go back to the raw, well the horizon went all of a sudden to the other direction ??

Liang Wee

I also face the same problem. Free transform toll not working. It will change the rotation angle once you click "done".

Other functions are working and I can edit photo properly but there are some bugs still need to improve. Look forward for the new update soon. Thumbs up!

K.G. Wuensch

@Liang, with the conceptual flaws in RAW conversion, filter and layer management Luminar could work perfectly and still not edit a photo properly...

Liang Wee

You mean there are still some flaw in the RAW conversion? Some of the photo I edit still look a bit not accurate a weird though. Somehow, there is a feeling that Lightroom process RAW more accurately. That's just my feeling. 

Hopefully next Luminar update can solve 80-90% of the flaws..

Bert Schmitz

I hope that when people who work for Skylum post a message here, that they mention that they work for Skylum.

K.G. Wuensch

@Mike, the problem is less that the RAW conversion is bad overall, it‘s inconsistent because the unavoidable (you can‘t disable itj noise reduction is not controlled by ISO or anything that one could understand but rather by a noise detection that is finnicky and unpredictable because it can‘t dustinguish noise and fine details... Also some concepts in Luminar are weird to ludicrous (RAW filter is influenced by the filter strength setting - someone needs to explain what a white balance setting to 5500K means when applied at 56% strength) and make it unusable because it forces you to use layers which are heavily restricted in functionality as they are not rendered when needed...

Tim Harris

I think I can spot the ones from Skyline staff. They are the ones that paint a Rosey picture of a future editting utopia.

Seriously...how long can this go on?

I can't even download the software...let alone update it, whenever the promised panacea update arrives.

I loved Luminar 2018 and at the end of the trial happily paid for it with the promise of an amazing update and a functioning image library.

How many customers have got to post complaints before someone who actually is identifiable as working for Skylum comes forward...accepts that they have made an almighty cock-up and offers everyone a refund?

As I said before I really hoped that Luminar was going to be a superb programme and would love to see it succeed....but I am beginning to smell a rat.....especially when....despite the fact that the programme is unusable....they are still marketing it.

Jaak Ennuste

Where is "Import" menu to get photos from SD card? I see it Youtube instructional videos, but not on my Luminar 3.0.1 WIN version?!

George Dimitroff

I’m not using L3 at this time, trusting issues will be fixed. L3 support has responded to my concerns in several ways and I’m satisfied they are doing everything they can to get past the startup fiasco, which appears mostly related to the Windows platform. Apparently Luminar was originally Mac hence their previous name Macphun. Support promised to add the Import button and fix the AI freeze by end of month. I’m a Lightroom user since it launched and I see a lot of potential in L3 as it moves forward. Let’s hang in a few more weeks...

K.G. Wuensch

@George, the MacOS version isn't much better, it just has different bugs and conceptual flaws...

Norbert Siemsen

I'm just seriously wondering if Skylum thinks I'm totally stupid or how else to understand the update.

I send an update that makes the program function even worse than it was before ???

Leila Evans

@Norbert Siemsen  -  It was not an update, but a hotfix for the most common crashes. If you have issues with our software, feel free to reach us at support@skylum.com with the details and we'll try to fix this for you.

Harry Conte

@Norbert Siemsen  -  It was not an update, but a hotfix for the most common crashes. If you have issues with our software, feel free to reach us at support@skylum.com with the details and we'll try to fix this for you.

Leila Evans:  The hot-fix doesn't work and I have not heard back from support with a solution.  It's pretty exasperating that since its inception Luminar PC has had install and update issues.  We, for the most part, like the software but its irritating not to be able to use it.

Kling Nolan

Luminar was working fine a couple of days ago and now every time I launch it, it just appears briefly and then disappears from my screen. I tried several times to re-launch, re-install, re-launch, all to no avail. This is getting me so frustrated! PLEASE HELP! I am soooooooooooo frustrated!!!

Norbert Siemsen

Congratulation

You bought a program that doesn't work. And you spent money on it.

Top Luminar

Lutz Lange

Hello, Skylum team!
    I use a WIN 10 PC with 16 GB of main memory, an i5 processor and a graphics map ATI with 2 GB of memory.
    Has shopped to me Luminar in 2018 and am contented with it. Up to now I have used it from Lightroom. Now with Luminar 3 it should change with the new photo management. There I had already also described the usual mistakes like here. I had in addition also contact with the customer service.
    Meanwhile, after several new installations Luminar 3 well functions. I have 127900 pictures (jpg and RAW) in the catalogue. The speed is very bad. But it functions. With Jpg even the sky amplifier also by repeated treatment. As a Plugin from Ligthroom even with RAW.
    Indeed, there function no Shortcut, no masking with white point and black point also with the sharpness mask occurs no display on the screen. Desweiteren is absent a method of the automatic alignment of the pictures. I am stretched on the update at the end of January.
    Excuse for bad English. I have an online translator.
    Many greetings Lutz

Tim Harris

How bizarre. All the adverse comments have stopped and I'm getting no new posts. Is Luminar fixed or have the staff got fed up of reading the poor reviews and comments and closed the community? 

Could someone let me know either way please?

Matthias Lau

It seems Skylum has surrendered. And the users too. High claim and now failed. In so many weeks no clear and honest statement from Skylum, no roadmap, nothing. No wonder that users stop asking. Luminar 3 is a pipe cracker, Skylum helpless and overwhelmed. Too bad. Sorry, my english is as poor as Skylum...

Dan Little

I uninstalled it and deleted it. Can’t and won’t use it. Hence no more problems

Kirk Osborn

We are going to release an update at the beginning of February, it will include a lot of bug fixes and other improvements.

Check out the roadmap for information about this and other upcoming features:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

K.G. Wuensch

@Kirk, what worries are the other enhancements. If the company I work for (as a software developer) would have had such shoddy quality control (they would be breathing down my neck alongside the managememt if my code was as buggy) and had released a product in such an unfinshed state all efforts would have been on bug fixes, no enhancements whatsoever because they would be unwanted distractions and take away resources from the bug fixes. But first we would have retracted the mess with a statement from our CEO to our customers accepting the blame and no longer sell the buggy software to protect our support - because they can only stand the heat for so long...

Tim Harris

Thank you Kirk. I am presuming this is the update that was promised in January?

BTW after waiting all this time for a product that worked your company now rubs my nose in it by giving new users a $20 reduction.

Surely we should be getting a $20+ refund for all the hassle.

Have you told all the new users about the issues or are they also stumbling into this with no idea that they are getting a half developed product?

Surely marketing a product which you know isnt upto the job as a fully functioning program is against some sort of law?

One more question....do all the magazines/ezines/bloggers that gave the potential for Luminar such good reviews know where you are at at the moment?

Please sign in to leave a comment.