Database opening failure NOT resolved with update

Comments

7 comments

Barry Sachais

When I first installed Luminar 3 on my Win 10 computer a few weeks ago I had the same problems that so many had. After several install attempts, I just gave up. A day later I decided to try again but first I used CC Cleaner and removed every reference to Luminar 3 in my registry. Then I opened the registry ( run regedit ) and did a "Find" for Luminar 3 references missed by CC Cleaner. I deleted every Luminar 3 reference in the registry. In effect,  the state of my PC was as if Luminar 3 was never, ever installed.

Before installing Luminar 3 again I created a catalog outside of My Pictures. I installed L3 and it actually installed. It opens slowly as we know. But it opens. Other issues persist which we all know about, but at least, at this point, I can successfully play around with the program. 

As so many others have said, and I agree, this was not ready for release. Fortunately, I still have LR, PS, and ON1 so I can be a little patient and see what happens with the 3.1 release.

Comment actions Permalink
    Galen Dalrymple

Thanks for sharing that, Barry. I am so eager to move on to L3 but will have to wait, I guess, until they come up with a real fix. Very disappointing because I love the older Luminar 2018 and was really looking forward to the upgrade. 

Alina Skylum

Hi Galen,

I'm sorry you are still experiencing this issue. Please contact us at Skylum.com/Support and we'll investigate further.

Galen Dalrymple

Alina: i have done so.. Awaiting a response. I followed the directions that were sent about sending in a copy of the catalog file via WeTransfer (but as noted, there isn't any data in it - is it 0 bytes, so it never copied) and the HIDE code, etc. So that information is in your hands now. Hope to hear something back soon. 

Beat Roth

I do have the same problem. I did install it on one Mac and it worked. On a second Mac and a PC it did not work anymore. Please contact me fast, i want to use it professionally and started a project on one machine.

Thank you.

Beat Roth

Beat Roth

I do have the same problem. I did install it on one Mac and it worked. On a second Mac and a PC it did not work anymore. Please contact me fast, i want to use it professionally and started a project on one machine.

Thank you.

Beat Roth

Angela Andrieux

Hi Beat Roth - Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.