Luminar 3 update

Comments

39 comments

John Aldred

Angela     .....    thanks for all of this but I am past caring now.   I did get the previous version to work satisfactorily without the catalogue.  I want to get back to that version as this new version is unworkable.  I have tried to install from older installers but they only reinstall the new version.  So as I have reinstalled and removed the catalogue files, there is no point in doing any of theses complex steps.

If you can get me back one version then I will just wait until Skylum get this right.  Otherwise I would request a refund as I have got other software which does work well.

John Aldred

Comment actions Permalink
    Ralf Wangemann

I also got the latest update for L3. But I am really angry, that L3 does not work satisfying. Sure it starts faster than before. Also importing folders. But it is impossible to edit more than two or three photos after another. Luminar 3 stops working. After restarting I recognize the same problem. I cannot open any photo to edit. Only when I delete the catalogue folder and restart, L3 works with importing single fotos for a short time - then: see above... Please can somebody tell me, to make it possible running L3 without catalogue or is there any tip how can I delete the folder for ever?

John Aldred

I have put a shortcut on my desktop to C:\User\Pictures where the Luminar Catolgue files are.  I am regularly deleting all of the files  as Luminar remakes them when it starts up again.  This sped up the whole process.  I was able to use the previous version like this  ... you have to use open for quick edit   The new version crashed on me after several filters were used.   I have now got Skylum to point me at the previous version installer and I have got back to that.   .

George Mentzikof

I noticed that applying Denoise filter before everything else makes editing much heavier and glitsy.

I also compared after sometime the speed of LR6 with Luminar. LR is many times faster and lighter in Developing.
    Export of same image in LR is 3 to 5 sec, while in Luminar is definitely more than 30seconds.

Lot's of work needs to be done towards speed improvement. :(

I like so much the Luminar way of working and filter, but I have hundreds of photos to process and speed is important!

Fitz Michael

Any updates coming and what is the next performance?

Angela Andrieux

If anyone else would prefer to revert to Luminar 3.0.1 here are the links:

Windows: https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar_3_Release_3_0_1.msi

Mac: https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/mac/Luminar3_3_0_1.dmg

I don't have an ETA on the next update, but our tech team is working hard to resolve these issues and we'll release a fix as soon as we can.

Aydın Salur

Dear Skylum Support Team,

On my first real problem you really disappointed me.

Using Luminar maybe for 6-8 months. You helped me on my little problems. But since the latest upgrade I am not sure how many times I wrote you. You asked me to send screen movie, catalog, my problems and I’ve send you everything. 

Result for the last 15 days the same. Automatic mails again and again. Then mails with some name under it not familiar to me cause changing in every mail. And every time now send me this file we will search. That’s it. Nothing more.

You are trying to send me to use Lightroom again. You are pushing me to another software away from Luminar.

Is there anybody there who is really going to help me. No changing persons on every mail. One responsible person who cares about your customer.

Or are you telling me that Skylum has finished no more support anymore and no more company. 

I still have problem and no help from you on last 15 days !!!!

Really big shame on you !!!!

Aydın
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Aydin,

I'm very sorry that your experience with our support team hasn't been productive.  I'll look into this and see if I can get an update on your support ticket.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Aydin,

I just heard back from our team and your support ticket is being investigated by our technical department. They will be in touch with you as soon as they have information to share.

Please sign in to leave a comment.