Can i not SHOW photos with a particular numeric rating ???????

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Steve Ratts

Hi Stephen,

For your use case you might want to consider using color coding. You definitely can do a binary search as you've described by flagging shots with colors and sorting based on colored flags (e.g. only those marked red, or only those marked green, etc.) I think you can accomplish what you're describing pretty easily that way.

Curious. I wasn't aware that it was even possible to filter in LR to only show shots with a particular number of stars as you've described. In fact I just tried that in the latest LR Classic and to the best of my ability it's not - but that doesn't mean the capability isn't in there. AFAIK LR only offers filtering on star rating similar to that of Luminar, that being >= n stars. But that's irrelevant. You've got a perfectly valid use case and should be able to do what you've described as it fits your workflow. I think you'll find you can if you use colors instead of stars - and good news! There are just as many of them (5).

Cheers,

Steve

Comment actions Permalink
    Stephen Rudolph

thats a great idea, Steve !

I have the standalone Lightroom 6.14 version, and in the Library Module at the bottom mid-right , you have the FILTER selector... just left of the stars, you have the 3 options:

>=

<=

=

steve

Steve Ratts

Ha! I had never even noticed that the >= was selectable and could be changed to <= or ==. Confirmed in the latest Lightroom CC (not that it really matters in this forum...)

Thanks for the tip! You learn something new every day.

Erwin Kargl

@Skylum:

Yes please add:

>=

<=

=

for star filter selectors.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

I'll share this suggestion with our developers. Thank you for your feedback!

Colin Grant

The latest version of Lr Classic also allows for searches  on a specific number of stars

Erwin Kargl

Any news on this?

Erwin

Margaret Bright

Erwin,

Unfortunately, we have no news regarding this matter yet. But I will forward your request to our team.

Please sign in to leave a comment.