Brian Rait

What's the ETA for fix 3.1.0?  

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Kotsee

End of January - beginning of February.

Zach Wagner

Hello,

I was told by your support folks that full support for my Sony RX100 VI raw files will be added in January. Is this still true and if so, will it be included in this update?

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Zach, yes, Sony RX100 VI  support must be implemented in the upcoming update. 

Dave Boettcher

It is the end of January. What is the status of the next L3 update?

Colin Grant

It is now coming in Feb and it is 3.0.2 not 3.1.0. This has been reported on this forum several times and can be seen on the Skylum Roadmap.

Zach Wagner

Doesn't specifically say it's coming in Feb in the roadmap. And the update after that says Feb-Mar, so kinda still gives the idea that the next update would be in Jan. But I was told in the next 1-2 weeks by support.

Guy Meacham

3.0.2 implies that only a fraction of the things promised in the fix will actually be delivered. Not surprising since the list was so long but it would be nice if they were upfront with us about this. Something they still haven't learned even after all the 2018 delays and disappointments.

Zach Wagner

I have to say the roadmap is pretty clear on what will come in the next update at this point. I'm not entirely sure how they aren't 'being upfront'...

Colin Grant

They have not really been up-front. They reduced the release from a reasonably major 3.1.0 to a lesser 3.0.2 and have not explained why for a start. The road map clearly is not something that can be relied upon - they just change it to meet their own requirements. Also as you say the next release is still stated as being Jan/Feb when it has been fixed for Feb for a while now. But you are right re the target dates - these seem to have ben removed from the roadmap - I am certain they were there to start with?

Zach Wagner

Agreed about the roadmap. Hard to take it seriously as it does change. I never noticed the original update was slated to be 3.1, so that's my own problem with being 'lost in space' hahaha. All I can say is I hope they fully support my RX100 VI in the update. Some perceptible performance improvements/bug fixes would be welcome too...so here's hoping.

Colin Grant

The roadmap is just something they put up to try and convince us that they care and have a plan - I just saw a squadron of pigs fly past :-)

Zach Wagner

Lol

Dmytro Boyko

Hi, we're planning to release the next update (3.0.2) in about a week or two. We're currently testing it.

leslie hobson

Why don't you release a BETA ? Best testing/feedback you'll ever get !!

K.G. Wuensch

@Daniel, do you mean the same sort of testing you did before releasing L3? 

leslie hobson

:DDDDD

Guy Meacham

@Daniel Scholz

Thanks, can you tell us why its been changed from a 3.1 release to a 3.0.2 release?

Colin Grant

I asked that question elsewhere and got no answer. I can but hazard a guess!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Guy & Colin,

All of the previously promised items for 3.1 will now be included in 3.0.2. While there is some new functionality coming it is mostly under-the-hood fixes and improvements, hence the change in numbering.

Zach Wagner

Sounds good, thanks for the comment Angela. Excited for full support for my RX100 VI. And performance improvements. Can't wait!

Please sign in to leave a comment.