Luminar 3 as a Smart Filter

Comments

31 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Keith,

We released a patch over the weekend (more info here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036043011-Luminar-3-0-1-is-here) If you haven't already, please install it and let us know if the issue persists here or by creating a support ticket at http://www.Skylum.com/Support and linking to this thread.

Comment actions Permalink
    Keith Bauer

I received an e-mail from Anastasia on December 30 claiming that it works.  It does not.  I replied to her e-mail with a screen capture video showing the problem.  I have updated to 3.0.1 and that has no effect at all.  

A bit frustrating replying to different people on the same issue when clearly you haven't viewed the video that shows how it fails with Luminar 3 and works fine with Luminar 2018.  Please review the video that I sent a link to via WeTransfer as directed by Anastasia.  I specifically said in the video that I had updated to 3.0.1.......

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

Hi there,

1.) i upgraded from Luminar 2018 to Luminar 3 as well and i have the same problems. When double clicking on a previously applied Luminar Smart Filter in Photoshop, the Luminar Plug-in window will open and all adjustments will be resetted to zero...

Very frustrating indeed as i like to tweak and re-edit my Luminar adjustments via Smartfilters again and again while I'm working on a large photo composit.

2.) Also, i like to apply an entire Luminar Smartfilter with all it's effects and adjustments 1-to-1 to another Smart object. This does not work either as no adjustments whatsoever will be transferred - only an empty Luminar Smart Filter void of any adjustments, so to speak.

3.) When I try to edit a smart object which i have previously applied a smart filter to and then save the smart object, the plugin window will open twice asking me to reconfirm the effects. Not only is it unneccessary for the plugin window to open twice, but it'll also not have to previously made adjustments/effects anymore.

Sigh.

These Problems persist with Version 3.0.1 (2751)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rick,

This should be fixed in the update coming out this week.

Jeff Lambert

I have version 3.0.2 and I still have this behavior, using PS CC2019 (20.0.3).

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeff,

An updated build for 3.0.2 will be released this week. Please let us know if the issue persists after the update and we'll investigate.

Keith Bauer

I just updated to Version 3.0.2 build 3051.  The problem still exists with exactly the same behavior as I reported in the original thread.  

Clearly this issue is not being addressed in software updates and testing.  

Jeff Lambert

Keith, I was at 3.0.2 (2953) so I also updated to build 3051 with the same results. I tried to uninstall the plugins, but no, still same problem.

Keith Bauer

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed with any effort to resolve this issue.  As a 34 year software veteran and manager of software development efforts, I know how to build and test software.  Clearly, regression testing is not being done or this bug would have never been allowed in Luminar 3.   What's more frustrating is the messages from Luminar staff saying the issue will be fixed in the "next" update.... ha...  

Jeff Lambert

hopefully, there will be another update this week:-)

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

Also just updated to Version 3.0.2 (3051) on mac and can confirm this issue is not resolved.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys. Indeed, the issue wasn't resolved yet. We are working on it. Thanks for understanding!

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

Any news regarding a fix?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Carsten,

It will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates but I don't have an ETA quite yet.

John Anderson

Any news on fixing smart objects? It appears to still be broken.

This is fairly disruptive for those of us that aren't able to use Luminar's library functions due to missing features and instead use Luminar to extend our Lightroom / Photoshop workflow.

Colin Grant

Is it not supposed to work in the new, to be released in March (or is it April), Luminar Plugin (Luminar Flex I think it is called).

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

And why aren't we hearing any of this from Skylum directly? I've been replying to this Thread and following it for over a month now, anticipating news about a fix/update...

I'm curious how this will play out for Skylum 2018 / Skylum 3 owners. Will we have to buy a new "Skylum Flex" to finally get a properly working Photoshop plugin?

Helena Carter

@John , @Colin

Smart objects will work fine in Luminar Flex which will be released within a week.

@Carsten ,

All Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3 owners will receive Luminar Flex free of charge.

Best regards

Colin Grant

@Helena, when are Skylum going to learn how to communicate - the message "it will be released within a week" has been repeated continually over the last few days; surely therefore release is now imminent? Or are you saying you have absolutely no idea when release will take place because it is plagued with bugs like all your other Luminar releases?

Helena Carter

@Colin ,

I've just heard the latest news and the release is scheduled for April, 4.

Best regards

Colin Grant

Thank you, Helena. I am sure many will be pleased to hear that :-)

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

@Helena,

Google Chrome gives a security warning when downloading the Luminar Flex installer. Is there anything to it? Is it verfied malware-free?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Carsten,

If you are downloading it from our website then please be assured that the download is safe. If you'd like a direct link, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll gladly give it to you.

Phil Brown

I'm just now getting into Luminar 3, Photoshop CC 2019, and trying to expand my use of the product. I have found this discussion that apparently, smart filters are broken in Luminar 3. Will that be fixed or not?

Colin Grant

Not sure whether it will be fixed in L3 as the plugin functionality is being withdrawn. This is a question for Skylum staff. However smart objects functionality is included in Flex which is free to L3 owners.

D. S.

At the moment we're not planning to add smart filter support for plugins in Luminar 3, however you can use Luminar Flex instead.

Any update on this? There is no choice now to buy or add flex to luminar 3. When this will be fixed in Luminar 3?

Anna V

Hi, 

Luminar 3 is designed to be used in a standalone mode that is why this functionality implemented in Luminar Flex plugin only. 

And how do we take the flex plugin without the need of buying luminar 4?

dreizunull GmbH & Co.KG

Just download the Luminar Flex Trial and use your Luminar 3 License Key ;-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.