Worked Luminar 3 quite hard during the last 5 days. (Using Win10 on i7, 16GB, Nvidia 1030.) These are my top ten issues:
1. Creating a library - Imported folders with 1,500 images into an empty catalog. The process took over 20 minutes. During that time the process was almost totally I/O bound with the disk at 100% activity for most of the time. Neither the CPU nor the GPU used more that about 25% capacity - usually less. Even when the disk wasn't at 100%, neither CPU nor GPU got any additional use. Appears to be very inefficient use of disk I/O and processor threading.
2. Opening a library - Started L3 with an existing indexed 2,600 image library. It took ten minutes for disk activity to drop from around 100% to an almost inactive state.
3. Parent folder includes the contents of all child folders when viewing parent. This should not be the default behaviour. Either give the option to switch on/off child contents or default to NOT including them.
4. Switching folders in an already opened L3 with a 2,600 image catalog took about 1 minute with more 100% disk usage. CPU use was low.
5. Images remain 'blurry' in library view even after L3 has fully loaded the library and disk activity has subsided.
6. Entering edit mode from library view, occasionally L3 terminates without warning.
7. When entering edit mode, Looks takes a long time to populate (minutes) and sometimes doesn't populate at all. Same with "Add filters" panel.
8. Occasional loss of functionality with workspace controls all grayed out. Eventually requires an application restart.
9. Pasting adjustments to multiple photos is way too slow and prevents other functions until completed - over 10 minutes for 138 images. Disk access at 100%, CPU 6%.
10. Scrolling through the Looks panel is far too difficult - the scrollbar is too way too narrow to grab reliably and the keyboard arrows don't work (they change the image in the left-hand film strip).
Please sign in to leave a comment.