Hi everyone, here’s another update from the support team about issues we've discovered so far and dates for fixes.
Read previous update: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360035146612-Luminar-3-Update-From-Support-Team
Feature roadmap for Luminar 3: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap
We are reading everything you send us but due to a high number of incoming communications our response time is longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.
Cursor turns into a square when using the brush.
Seems to be occurring with RAWs from Sony cameras only. Preliminary fix date (to be confirmed later): version 3.1.0 that's scheduled for release in the end of January - beginning of February.
If you encounter this issue with RAWs from any other camera manufacturer, please send the support team an email via the form here (https://skylum.com/support). Paste a link to this thread in your email and add the problematic RAW (use https://wetransfer.com/ for that).
Missing keyboard shortcuts on Windows.
We'll address it in update 3.1.0 in the end of January - beginning of February.
Database Initialization Failed.
This issue occurs due to bad EXIF data in the photos that are being imported into Luminar. We'll release a hotfix for it by the end of December.
To anyone who's having this error: you can fix it by doing the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\UserName\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for Luminar Catalog folder, search your custom location.
- Remove the Luminar Catalog folder.
- Start Luminar. This time it should open without errors.
- When adding an image folder to your Luminar catalog, specify another folder with photos (not the one you pointed Luminar to before encountering the error).
If you're getting this error and there's no Luminar Catalog folder anywhere on your computer, verify that your Windows user has sufficient permissions for C:\Users\UserName\Pictures\. Here's how:
- Right-click on the folder.
- Click on Properties.
- In the window that opens, click Security.
- Your user has to have all permissions for the folder.
- Fix the permissions if necessary and start Luminar again.
If the permissions on the Pictures folder are correct and you're still getting the error on startup:
- Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz3p1hi2ze6j50x/ViewIDE.exe?dl=0
- Launch it.
- Copy the HIDE code from the application's window and send it to us.
- Use the contact form: https://skylum.com/support to send us your HIDE code (link to this thread in your email).
Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin doesn’t work from the gallery view.
Workaround: invoke third-party plugins from the single image preview. Will be fixed in 3.1.0.
What happens to L18 when I install L3?
- L3 doesn't replace L18 - it's installed into a separate directory.
- You can use both apps alongside each other.
- You can safely uninstall L18 without affecting L3.
Progress bar seemingly stops responding and the app freezes on Mac and Windows while adding folders to the library.
If you added a large folder, give Luminar a while to index it. If you force quit Luminar while it's indexing the files, it can corrupt the library and you will need to manually remove the library folder.
It's not possible to send multiple brackets to Aurora HDR for creating a merge.
Will be added in 3.1.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.