Comments

6 comments

Carlo Ritter

I'd say it depends a lot on the configuration and power (age) of the PC used. On my new W10 machine, the starting times are much shorter, but I do see substantially slower times with Luminar 3 vs. Luminar 2018:

Luminar 2018: 3.5 seconds
    Luminar 3: 9.5 seconds, incl. opening a 1700 pics catalog

Comment actions Permalink
    Marco Foresti

It depends on the library.

It looks like when the program starts, it updates the catalog reading the library folder. If there are many file, it takes a lot to open.

My library is over 60k files in a NAS and the opening takes some (read several) minutes.

Due to this it is not very practical and to use the Luminar DAM in a professional environment, it is advisable that the catalog update becomes optional and configurable. Current operation can be practical for amateurs with limited libraries only. .

There are some others features required for pro use, for example the library filtering based on exif data. If I don't go wrong many of those features are scheduled for updates during the next year.

Carlo Ritter

Agree. My enthusiast-library is (still) tiny in comparison... :) 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andreas, Carlo, and Marco,

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues at the end of January - beginning of February.

Marco Foresti

Dear Angela,

thanks for your feedback, but there are thing about Luminar 3 that I don't understand. The program look to be at - or at least behave as - a beta stage.The way Luminat updates catalog is not a bug, it's by design. Did you ever tested it with large libraries? Did you think that 15 and more minutes for opening a program are acceptable? Won't beleive it.

What the heck was the hurry to say "we too!" (have a DAM)? Reputation is very, very easy to loose and very, very hard to gain. Wait for having a mature software, then release it.

I'll be patient, I'll shut Luminar 3 until the update, I'll not ask for a refund because I love the underlying Luminar 2018, but others mat behava defferently and there are already negative reviews in the web. Keep going Luminar, but pay attention to the missteps.

Bryan Drum

Same here, super slow to load. My library is 80 gigs.

Please sign in to leave a comment.