Luminar 2018 presets in Luminar 3

Comments

6 comments

Michael Sonshine

Are. you working on a PC or a Mac? I know how to do it on a Mac but it requires you to manually copy files from one Library folder to another and I don't know if you want to do that. I do not know how to do it from within L3.

Gordon Doxey

Excuse me.  I work with the PC.  I know where to find the file folder for the Luminar 2018 presets but I don't know which folder in the directory to copy the presets into Luminar 3.

Michael Sonshine

I know the locations on the Mac, but not on the PC. 

However on the Mac there 2018 version of Luminar contains a pulldown command to show you the location of the presets and L3 contains a pulldown command to show you the location of the Looks. On the Mac the two types of files are the same and you can copy the files from one folder to the other.

On the Mac in 2018 you can look at File -> Show Presets Folder ... to see where those presets are located, and on L3 you can look at File -> Show Luminar Looks Folder ... to see where to copy them to. Perhaps the PC as equivalent commands?

Michael Sonshine

One other thing I have found on the Mac version that may also exist on the PC version. In 2018 you can select a preset and, at the bottom of the selected preset is a drop-down that allows you to export the preset to any folder you wish. I have not found a corresponding "import" for presets (now called Looks) but you could copy them directly to the L3 Looks folder.

Gordon Doxey

Thank you for your responses. Putting the luminar 2018 presets in the looks luminar 3 folder works. I was able to use them today. Very happy that problem is solved.

Michael Sonshine

Happy to have been able to help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.