L3 catalog removed from Pictures.

Comments

5 comments

Roy Blackwell

You missed a step. Create a new catalog in a folder outside of the Pictures folder. Then close L3, go to your Pictures folder and delete the Luminar Catalog folder. Restart L3. Use the add folder function to add folders to your new catalog. Start small.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Boettcher

Roy Blackwell, I am not following you. Let me restate and you can correct me. I can create a catalog folder on the desktop. Any particular name?
    Close L3, then delete the catalog folder in Puctures.
    Restart L3? I assume Not reboot computer.
    Here is where I am lost. What folder do I add, where Is the add folder function and how does one add the new folder labeled Catalog.
    As soon as I am home I will give it a try based on my current understanding.
    Thanks Roy, I appreciate your time and help.

Roy Blackwell

See this post:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360034745231-Luminar-3-on-Windows-10-Performance-Tip

I would not recommend creating a new catalog on your desktop. You can give it any name you like.

Just deleting the current catalog folder is not enough. If L3 does not have at least one catalog, it will recreate it wherever it was last created.

Dave Boettcher

Roy Blackwell, one last question.

First, It lives!

Second, can photos be add to the new catalog folder in Documents, by draging and droping directly into the new catalog, without using L3?

Thanks for your help.

Roy Blackwell

Think of the catalog as a little black box doing its magic. You do not directly place anything inside the L3 catalog folder. On your hard drive, thumb drive, cloud drive or wherever your store your photos, those photos are stored in folders. Using L3, you point to one or more of those folders (via add folder). If you delete or add photos to a folder that L3 is tracking, it will recognize those actions and update the catalog. It does not matter if you do that inside or outside of L3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.