Comments

11 comments

Collin Moore

It isn't worth it. Also from a software perspective, it would be a weak case.

Craig Lister

Legal action for what? They offer a refund and the process was easy. Legal action for bugs? Microsoft would be gone.

Thomas Mahnken

Come on, a law suit for a software in that price range? My time is to important for that!
    Maybe we should calm down for now, relax a bit and give skylum time. Luminar 2018 was terrible in the beginning as well and they managed to make it usable in a couple of month.
    My 2 cents: be patient or contact support to get a refund.

Dave Boettcher

Thanks This software was not advertised as a beta test.
    Can you imagine the $$$ received from all buyers everywhere.
    Interest earned must be great.
    Some minor bugs would be understandable, but the software does not work.
    It is easy for those whom have the skill, knowledge, money to spare and other software to use to tell me to be patient.
    How about those whom are on a fixed income, have little understanding of files, folders etc., those who are hobbiest, who paid $59 thinking they purchasing a fully working photo processing program. I am a 60 something attorney, who knows little about software and moving files and folder, who retired early early due to Parkinson’s. Taking photos and processing them is one of the few activities I can now do alone.
    $59 or $49 seems small amoun, right. Well we don’t waste money on things which don’t work.
    My wife is not happy with me for spending the money this almost worthless software.
    Start thinking about those in different circumstances, before become critical.
    I have decided to wait a bit for a fix. Unfortunately, Skylum has not responded to my questions when to expect the first fixes to begin. First, I was told the end of December, then I read end of January or early February, which really means a fully working program by the 3 quarter of 2019.
    I hate lawsuits but their may be 1000’s if not 10’s of thousands whom purchased L 2018 or only L 3, who need help.
    Skylum should send to each and every buyer a letter or email explaining when fixes will start rolling out and clear instructions how they can get a refund.
    Stop thinking like a geek and start thinking like someone who knows how to follow on screen installation instructions and not more.
    That is why it is called a class action lawsuit. When the $ amount is small and the seller has failed to assist the buyers in a meaningful way. Especially when there is an unequal bargaining position between buyer and seller. When Skylum continues to sell a defective product, it looks like fraud.
    Certainly, a continued breach of the implied, by state law and the UCC, warranty of merchantability.
    Skylum should take immediate action to show their good faith.
    I have not seen is a full apology and taking responsibility for the flawed software which they continue to sell.
    What I read are statements, drafted by their attorneys, informing of the minimum requirements to run L3 or sorry you having the problem, have you done this or that and do this or that or be patient the fix/ check is in mail.
    Come on Skylum act like responsible company.
    I can see Adobe and other makers of similar software, laughing at at Skylum and us, the buyer, all the way to the bank.

Craig Lister

Get a refund then. That’s a long post.

Dave Boettcher

How about selling a working product instead of telling people to get a refund.

Craig Lister

But. Isn’t that why you get a 45 day money back offer? I agree. It crap. But the point is - your law suit post is a bit over the top.

Dave Boettcher

I agree it’s over the top. But I  was tired of Skylum never responding to my questions. So why not be a thorn in there side.
    I have L3 running, kind of. I removed the catalog from pictures folder. When I reboot the catalog folder and sub folder were back. L3 started.
    Over time I have asked Skylum a number of questions with no response. 1. When will the fixes start December or end of January or start of February. 2. How to add photos back into the Catalog.
    No responce.
    It’s the noisy person who gets attention. But not with Skylum.
    I failed. Still I have program which is not working properly.

Craig Lister

Yeah. Their support has been very poor. As has their software. Which is very sad because I hoped it would be a good rival to LR. Let’s see what happened with 3.0.1. I say, give them a chance. I’ve got my refund. I hope they deliver.

Dave Boettcher

In a different post I did state I would be waiting for the updates.
    It would be nice to have a defined, even though flexible, time frame.

Thomas Mahnken

Dave, regarding your „noisy Person“ statement: You know what people are saying about the sentence „You ´ll hear from my lawyer!“?

It´s the adult Version of „I ´ll tell my mum!“

Please sign in to leave a comment.