Luminar 3 Update From Support Team 1

Comments

15 comments

Stephen Campbell

I have found a solution at least on a Mac but I tend to think it might also be a solution for those of you on Windows. Matt Seuss has an excellent video on not installing or uninstalling the Library. Here is the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXokR-ayoY I encourage you all to watch it. I just followed his suggestions and I have not experienced any of the issues that I have written about on several of these forums.

While the Library concept that Skylum has designed I think will eventually prove to be awesome this initial iteration seems to be the "root of all evil" that many of us are experiencing.

Do yourself a favor watch the video...I find Matt's counsel has solved many of my problems.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jan Willem de Visser

No Sorry?

William Angell

When I first installed Luminar 3 (L3) on Windows, I was having many of the previously mentioned issues.  My system is 32 GB memory, 6700k processor, Windows 10 (64).  My bootup disk is a SSD and all my "DAM" are stored on external USB3 connected drives.  After the install, I would get the splash screen for about 40 seconds and then L3 would simply disappear.

I deleted the catalog, and updated my video driver (GTX 1070) and re-entered L3 after the required reboot for the new video driver.  This time L3 started and was operational in about 8 seconds.  I created the same catalog (about 3,000 photos).   Catalog in is folder "pictures" and images on a USB3 3 TB external drive.

Now, I'm not sure what I did will help you, but since then, L3 has been usable, as you would expect it to be.  For some reason, my shortcut keys "C" for Crop, for example, are not working, and loading an image into the edit window has some slightly annoying color flickering but other than that, I've been using L3 successfully.  I do like the DAM.  On screen, the images seem to run together and a thin border around each image would make the images stand out a little, also a border in filmstrip would help.

Tim Gillespie

Yes but after this release, can we really believe you?

Daniel Nist

While working on a photo,  the looks panel (Landscape), just started to scroll thru all of the different looks on it's .own then crashed. Also it would change to a different photo in the filmstrip, on it's own, I'm using a Mac with High Sierra installed. I sent a crash report to Apple.

Dennis Moranz

Thanks for the update Denis

Kees Molenaar 🇳🇱

Hi Denis,

• Stability and performance issues will be addressed in 3.1.0. It is scheduled for the end of January - beginning of February.

Does this include the very slow exporting of jpg's .. Luminar 2018 is almost instant with that but Luminar 3 is painful slow.

Imac 5K 16gb ram and 256 flash running MacOs 10.14.2

Regards  Kees.

Denis Kotsee

>Does this include the very slow exporting of jpg's

We'll be improving overall speed, so I expect the export speed to get better too.

Ken Korman
    That all sounds nice. But what about users like me who cannot even import one photo. All I see is a greyed out file structure. Cannot even do a quick edit. Even if I don’t do anything, the program quits within 10 to 20 seconds 100% of the time. Do you think this will be fixed in the next upgrade so Luminar 3 will be at least usable? I am using a MBP well within your requirements. Even did a clean install of Mojave which did not help. Luminar 2018 runs great though.

Denis Kotsee

Hi Ken,

I replied to the email about the same issue that we received from you recently. It would be easier for the support team to track your ticket via email but if you'd like to troubleshoot the issue here on the forum, just let us know.

Ken Korman

Denis,

Thanks for replying. Skylum support has helped me resolve this issue. Luminar 3 is now up and running. There are still some glitches that others have already reported. Other than that, the editor is running as well as Luminar 2018. 

Michelle Charles

I've tried the new installer link for Win in this post, but that hasn't worked for me either. Has there been an update since?

Thanks.

peter kuijken

The new installer didn't work for me either.

Rick Stanford

I get a warning message that says "Can't open Catalog inside folder.  Database file not found" .  However was able to open one photo and that is it.  When I go to file - catalog - open, the window shows my photos by name but they are all greyed out and cannot be selected.

Anna Veres

Hi,

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.