Upcoming updates

Comments

40 comments

Bob Rockefeller

"I would say that "6%" is an understatement... By the looks on the forum I would say it is in deep in double digits..."

The number of people with problems on forums far exceeds the number of those without problems in the field. Those with no problems don't post that.

Skylum knows how many copies of Luminar 3 were downloaded and the number of people filing bug reports or posting problems online.

Comment actions Permalink
    anonymous xd

Dear Cameron, and All, the new update is being rolled out as we speak.

macOS:
    • Stability improvements. Fixed 20+ crash issues.
    • Fixed issue with folder destination for catalog.
    • Fixed crashing on quit.
    Windows:
    • Stability improvements. 40+ crash issues fixed.
    • Fixed language change issue.
    • Fixed issue with folder destination for catalog.
    • Fixed internet connection issue.
    • Fixed crashes in Lightroom/Photoshop plugins.
    • Export/Share moved to file menu.
    • Fixed issues with duplicated images.
    How to update:
    macOS:
    If you haven’t turned on automatic updates, click on Luminar –> Check For Updates. If you have, you’ll see the available update when you start the app. If for some reason Luminar crashes when you start it, reinstall it with the installer you previously downloaded and the latest version will be downloaded automatically.
    Windows:
    Click on Help –> Check For Updates. Luminar always checks for updates at startup. If for some reason Luminar crashes when you start it, just reinstall it with the installer you previously downloaded. The latest version will be downloaded automatically.

Cameron Fetty

Alex Tsepko  You do realize mine does not get past the splash screen even if I reinstall.  So going to be difficult to click the update button.

Cameron Fetty

Progress I finally got mine to install and activate.  It's late so I haven't played with it yet.  Seems there is a new download.

Helena Carter

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your detailed feedback, we really appreciate it. Our developers are working around the clock to fix these performance issues. Please, accept my apologies for the temporary inconveniences.

Have a great day and thank you for bearing with us while we fix this!

Jonas Dorn

HeY Jean, very nice if you to leave a comment in your native language, unfortunately my French is very bad and Google translates your post into complete rubbish, could Out please comment in English? ( Wich is not my native language either, thanks)

Jonas Dorn

Hrm, just wanted to look up something about optimizing performance on thumbnail creation with 50k+ pics (windows) and came across this rant...
    Really folks?
    Skylum offered a 50 bucks software, with more than a year (2?) Worth if feature upgrades for a really good software...
    And now this?

A few bugs on new features? Some crashes? Everything in parallel to an old, working software, where the hell is your problem?!

Keep up the good work, most people complaining seem to have never touched a line of code or are used to limited hardware or app store "usability".

Thanks, hope you had a nice Christmas and wish you a happy new year :-)

By the way: apart from low performance on big thumbnail task, everything works fine so far and I didn't have time to look at any settings yet. Also the whole stuff is on a network setup, so first I have to look at some other possible bottlenecks.

Bob Rockefeller

Look, folks, software has bugs. That's simply a fact. And the beta process may, or may not, duplicate enough circumstances and hardware combinations to expose them before release. Of course it should have. And it should have at least caught crashers at initial installation and setup. But it didn't, in this case.

No one, especially the developers, likes buggy software. The measure of a company is not if they release software with bugs, they all do. But rather how they respond to and fix those bugs. 12/31 for crashers seems reasonable and is bound to mess up a lot of programmers' and testers' holidays.

But fixing the bugs is necessary and expected.

anonymous xd

Hey there. Thanks for the feedback. I won’t be getting into technical details on why the software behaves differently on different machines. But I’ll give you an example. Imagine you have a very powerful engine, and you need to put it inside dozens (or rather hundreds) of different cars - from older cars to brand new cars, from those that run on gas to those that are electric powered. How hard will it be? Will you need to make modifications to the engine? Is it possible at all?

We’re doing pretty much the same thing with Luminar, trying to fit it in many different computers, and provide users with the same best experience. Our analytics show that around 6% of current users have issues. And we’re working on fixing those issues.

The next update will come in the end of this month. Then, we plan a performance update in February. And more updates with new features and performance improvements. We will get there, and I’m really thankful to all of you for the feedback.

Happy Holidays.

Tobias Stage

Thank u Skylum for your hard work. It is a big thing to build a new Photo Software which are working so nice as yours. All people who thought they will get a new professionell Software without any bugs are stupid and they have no idea how much work it need to build a software like yours.
    The important thing is to see that there are a lot of Experts who try to fix these issues really quick. A big thank u that this will happens between the XMas holidays. So really nice and good job. I’m looking forward to have the best alternative software to Lightroom. Thank and happy new year

Please sign in to leave a comment.