Luminar 3......huh

Comments

13 comments

Hans Graf

Same problem, I find out, if I go offline and start Luminar 3 again, the Library dues not show any pictures,
    the folders are showing the number of pictures but grayed out, as soon I go online again and start Luminar 3 again all is OK.
    I am using windows 10/1809. No problem with Luminar 2018 ! I hope Skylum sove this problem like others as well.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Bowen

Offline is the key. I sent a live screen capture (Dec 19) documenting that L3 doesn't work if there isn't internet access.

Neil Palmer

Sorry, I should have added:

Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.472 (64bit)

16Gb Ram

Processor i7-4770 running at 3.4GHz

Richard Harrington

Are you using images are stored in the cloud and not mirrored on your local computer?

Roy Blackwell

@Richard: On the Windows platform, Luminar 3 (activated, not trial) is not functional without an active internet connection. The app runs but you can not see any photos, looks don't show up, etc. My catalog and photos are all on my local hard drive. This needs corrected, the sooner the better.

Hans Graf

Hi Richard: Same problem here as Roy mentioned, all pictures are at the local HD, but without internet connetion the library shows the imported files and even the amount of pictures, but no pictures shown up at the main window only Black BLACK !
    I may click anywhere nothing happen, I have installed Luminar 3 several times untill I reconize this behavior.
    Therefore unusable for my notbook, if I have to work without internet connection.
    I wonder haven`t you tested this issue !!??

Rob Faucher

I have the same problem and my images are stored on a local HD.  I created a small library with a few hundred photos and it does nothing to solve this problem.  

Stan Jacobson

The product is not fit for purpose really. After reloading it 4 times and each time experiencing a total freeze, I have returned to  Luminar 2018.  A lot of time  wasted. 

Neil Palmer

I store all my photo's on a Network DROBO array. Is that considered local as it still doesn't work?

Richard Harrington

Please try making a brand new catalog from the file menu. Then add some folders from specific locations and see if things start to work.

Neil Palmer

Hi Richard

I did exactly what you said and it all sprang into life. I had to map a network drive rather than going straight to where my pictures are kept (On a DROBO).

I have edited a picture as a trial and that worked well, although after exitiong Luminar and then restarting it took a few minutes to restart. Is this the norm or will it speed up with time.

Do I need to delete the first catalogue or just ignore it./

Richard Harrington

You can ignore it for now. Leave app running so it build previews. It should then speed up. Glad to hear this helped

Neil Palmer

Hi Richard
    Sorry Luminar 3 is unusable in its current form.

I have done what you suggested and yes, eventually I got all the images appearing in the Library window, Yes I could edit and save them (Works really well.)

I left the PC on for 3 hours to ensure that the Library had done whatever it was doing. However, I just needed yo edit a photo, a 30 second edit so fired it up again and had to wait over 20 minutes for the splash screen to disappear. and then after a further 10 minutes waiting for the directory within the Library structure to load got to the picture.

I cannot afford to wait 30 minutes plus to get to an image.

My configuration is a windows 10 pn running 64 bit version, 16Gb Ram. The photo's are all stored on a Networked NAS Drive over a 100Mb link. While it was trying to start up the NAS light was furiously flashing. Does Luminar 3 keep a local placeholder on the system and then look at each file and directory to ensure no changes because that will be unworkable for people with tens of thousand of pictures, I currently have around 8500 which will increase by about 4 to 8 thousand a year easily.

Please could you get back to me with a solution as I am beginning to think that ON1 might be a better option although I love your software and the ease in which it works and have used it since the first windows beta..

Please sign in to leave a comment.