luminar 3 photo storage

Comments

5 comments

David Isaac

Presuming you are referring to where the catalog is stored.  Default is in Pictures folder.  You can move the Luminar Catalog folder anywhere you want (exit Luminar first!) and use File>Catalog>Open... to open the moved catalog.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Markus Gehlhaar

There is an option in the Luminar menus to view the folder in explorer.

Roy Blackwell

Technically speaking, L3 does not store your photos anywhere. L3 works with your existing folders. When you first installed and ran L3, by default it chose the Pictures folder (if you are using Windows), created the "Luminar Catalog' folder  (the Library) and began indexing the photos located there.

Franci Carlsson

I want to create a new place for my pictures.  Now they are on an external drive and I want to put them in a different location o the external drive.  It couldnt have chosen my pictures folder cuz they aren't there.  How do I get the opportunity to choose?

Roy Blackwell

@Franci Carlsson: Note that the location of the L3 catalog (library) is not necessarily the same as the physical location of your photos. As noted in an earlier post just above yours, L3 does not store your photos, it works with them in whatever location you have told L3 to look for them. If you are wanting to move your photos from one location on your external drive to another location on that drive, use your OS's file manager to create and/or move the photos to that location. Then use Luminar's library to point to them. If you don't know how to do these things, watch some of the Skylum videos about Luminar 3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.