Lack Of Information?

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the delayed response. We've been dealing with an exceptionally high volume of inquiries since the launch of Luminar 3 and are working hard to answer everyone.

What kind of information are you looking for regarding scanned photos? As long as you are scanning your images into a common file type (i.e. TIFF, JPG, etc.) Luminar 3 should have no problem organizing and editing those.

Comment actions Permalink

Angela.  I am very interested in this topic.  I have a large number of old photos 1950s going back to the 1880s.  I want to scan and restore.  Some are badly faded, out of focus etc, losing detail.  

The preservation of history through photos is very important.

I would like a tutorial webinar or what ever that has an expert in this field taking learners right from scanning/copying of old photos and what are the best tools and tricks for restoring historic photos.  Is this something that Skylum can assist with. Or is there some tutorial existing already? 

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

Neil

Angela Andrieux

Hi Neil,

I will forward your request to our director of education and check to see if we have any tutorials out that work with this subject matter. If we don't I'll certainly share the request.

In the meantime, here are a few suggestions:

For faded images, try the Dehaze filter.

For loss of detail, try the Details Enhancer filter.

Fixing an out of focus scan is quite difficult, but you may be able to improve your scan with the Sharpening filter.

I hope that helps!

Angela Andrieux

Ni Neil - Just a quick followup, if you'd like to post one or two of your scanned images here we'd be happy to give you more specific recommendations.

In addition the filters listed above Accent AI will do great things for contrast and detail.

HSL can help with color casts.

There are also a few other techniques that we can share once we know a bit more about your specific goals. Hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you Angela.  Just started using Luminar 3, and in love with what it achieves.  It has excited my interest in bringing to life family history through photos and to share with family. Also given me the idea to experiment in more art oriented aspect with the old photos.

I'l try out your suggestions and perhaps share the outcome with issues raised. I will be most interested if their are tutorials.  Best regards Neil

Please sign in to leave a comment.