Luminar 3 Update From Support Team 1

Comments

55 comments

Dave Boettcher

@Roy Blackwell, Thanks.  Windows updated yesterday or Wednesday evening. It was after the update the problem started.

I am attempting to determine what was updated and maybe do a roll back.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Boettcher

I doubt any of programers use Windows. If they do, they have not said so.

Dennis Moranz

I'm having the same problem as Neil Harris

Steve Kruger

Guy Meacham .. that filename feature that Jim Nix showed on the Mac didn't actually come through in the final release. In the notes he says that the video was prepared using a beta or pre-release version of Luminar 3.
    So that feature is essential for both Windows AND Mac

Ani Dutta

My desktop is a pretty decent configuration. But I'm frustrated with the performance of Luminar 3. I did not have issues installing or cataloging my images.  I'm having the following issues:

1) Slow start up

2) RAW file edit: When i double click a RAW file to edit, Luminar Looks don't show up, and also randomly i find filters disabled.

I haven't been able to use the program at all.  I know y'all have been working to get the product to market for a while, so i'm surprised at the performance.  

Please fix and win us back.

Good luck.

David Clarke

Good videos on how to use but, how do you get your photos into L3 from an SD card to begin 1st? Everyone's videos starts with a folder of photos ALREADY from their computer... so is there NO direct way to import an SD card to L3 direct?

If so please advise an easy path, thanks.

Nobody has started by Importing from camera or SD card to load into L3, so either my L3 isn't working or whats the easiest path to import please.

Sony a7III & brand New 27' iMac desktop. Love the Software but I'm NO techie... :)

Scott Baker

Got Lum 3 to work using @Steve Shaff's suggestion to exclude Lum3 from Win10 Defender

What does not work his hitting the space bar to pan thru the image while in the Tools menu using erase or Clone & Stamp

This renders both those functions useless

Fred Lüdemann

@ Neil Harris
    @ Dennis Moranz

do you work parallel with DxO Photolab?
    Luminar3 recognizes the DxO settingsfile (xxx.dop) as a RAW file.
    You will see 2 identical RAW files in the library after the folder is importet in Luminar 3.
    Both RAW files can be edited. But after the first editing you can not continue with the editing.

You have to remove the DxO configuration file from the folder before importing the folder into Luminar.

Fred Lüdemann

Sharpening does not work in Luminar 3 (Win)
    will this be corrected in a hotfix.

Mathias Wintzer

Just commented on this in the "tips and tricks" area, but repeating here in case it gets missed:

Attempting to print borderless fails regardless of how the print dialogue is configured.  This is with a Canon PRO-100 on Windows 10 64-bit.  If I first export and then print from the Microsoft Photos application, then borderless printing works fine, so this appears to be an issue with Luminar.

David Clarke

Thanks David, With many hours of Help from Matt Suess we did find a work around to get to this point. The Import function Key flat out does NOT recognize: Import from a Card Reader Icon, it's not in the loop! 

Duc Vu Anh

Hi Alina,

Why dont you pinned that post of Luminar 3 reported bugs so people can feedback their issues. Just for the better Luminar in the not so distant future?

Robert Gorski

Choosing different source with Alt-Click on Win 10 doesn't work at all. Is anybody else having this issue?

Raimund Harndt

I just renamed the Luminar Catalogue folder and then Luminar 3 worked very well and fast. But it created a new catalogue by itself.

Christine Ganal

Hallo,

Habe gerade Luminar3 installiert. Jetzt scannt der PC schon seit Stunden meine externen Platte um meine Bilder einzufügen. Ist das normal?

Jose Castro

So, as a Skylum customer under W10, was very excited to try out L3 but what an immense disappointment. It just doesn't work. Have tried every single resolution mentioned here and still can't get it to work. Since I'm on a 30 day try out period, my question is, as a trial customer, will my trial period be extended from the original registration date on the web site? I would hate, no, I hate when I pay for something that doesn't work and delivers on its promises.

Neil Harris

@Fred Lüdemann

Nope, never used DxO Photolab.

Joseph Mainhall

After dealing with the EXIF data being stripped away for the first 6 months in version 2018, it's back again in 3.  This has happened to over 90% of jpgs that I have worked with and exported (re-written)  The only time it consistently DOES NOT strip the data seems to be when the option to "keep both files" is chosen.   I also don't get why it takes it upon itself to change the dpi without my permission.  Very frustrating. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We released a patch last weekend (more info: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036043011-Luminar-3-0-1-is-here) If you haven't already, please install it.

You can also visit the News & Updates section of the forum at https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360000158652-News-Updates to read the Luminar 3 Updates From Support (to date there are 6 of them) for an updated list of known issues, estimated fix dates, and workarounds.

If you’ve encountered a problem not listed please file a support ticket at https://www.skylum.com/support 

Robert Chlup

I am angry ! I've been waiting for over a year for a usable software. and now I will be put off until February until the BASIC functions become reality.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/profiles/373049593711-Neil-Harris

Fitz Michael

Guys stick with the 2018 it will solve all the problems. You are not getting paid to do testing. 

last update 3.01

-still crashed like no tomorrow

-Slow like an old lady.

Joseph Mainhall

The amazing thing is the varied experiences we share.  For example, I was ready to give up a few weeks ago.  Jpgs were initially being saved and it took a minute, now it takes 30 second or less.  My metadata was completely wiped out, now it's not.  Saved photos were changed by Luminar to something like 72 dpi, now it's at 240.  All positive changes happened after the first update.  Interesting though that the destroyed metadata issue seemed to be not common, in fact, I found no other complaints from others.  When I was hating it many were loving it.  Most Youtube reviews have been favorable since day one but could have fooled me until the first update.

Dennis Moranz

I've been satisfied since the 3.0.1 update. The program still crashes occasionally and I have some other minor quirks but It's not that much of a problem for me and I'm sure that Skylum will finish working the bugs out.

Steve Ramsey

I appreciate the updates and list of issues. My Luminar 3 downloaded fine but I have been unable to open ther program- the spinning wheel never goes away. Thanks.

Duc Vu Anh

to be frank Luminar 3 is way better than Luminar 2018, faster, more responsive, LUT preview works, top&Bottom works. layer and brush is more percise. sunray can be under control now. i do enjoy Luminar for its intuiative and learning curve. just the library is not perfect :(

Cheers up everyone. Happy holiday.

Please sign in to leave a comment.