Luminar 3 Update From Support Team 1

Comments

55 comments

Fred Lüdemann

@ Neil Harris
    @ Dennis Moranz

do you work parallel with DxO Photolab?
    Luminar3 recognizes the DxO settingsfile (xxx.dop) as a RAW file.
    You will see 2 identical RAW files in the library after the folder is importet in Luminar 3.
    Both RAW files can be edited. But after the first editing you can not continue with the editing.

You have to remove the DxO configuration file from the folder before importing the folder into Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    Fred Lüdemann

Sharpening does not work in Luminar 3 (Win)
    will this be corrected in a hotfix.

Mathias Wintzer

Just commented on this in the "tips and tricks" area, but repeating here in case it gets missed:

Attempting to print borderless fails regardless of how the print dialogue is configured.  This is with a Canon PRO-100 on Windows 10 64-bit.  If I first export and then print from the Microsoft Photos application, then borderless printing works fine, so this appears to be an issue with Luminar.

David Isaac

Re: photo import.  

Please keep in mind that photo "import" functions are just sugar coating over native Windows file move/copy functions.  Open your SD card through Windows Explorer, find you photo folder (typically in a folder named DCIM for digital camera images), and drag the folder or individual images to one of your cataloged folders.  I understand this may be less than ideal for some people, but really it's not a big deal and personally I like having total control over the import process and folder naming this way.  

David Clarke

Thanks David, With many hours of Help from Matt Suess we did find a work around to get to this point. The Import function Key flat out does NOT recognize: Import from a Card Reader Icon, it's not in the loop! 

Andrew Amster

I've reinstalled Luminar 2018 and I'll be using that until you get this sorted out. Your DAM is getting in my way now.

Fitz Michael

They gave us the DAM with all the errors and will charge us on the next update.  

Duc Vu Anh

Hi Alina,

Why dont you pinned that post of Luminar 3 reported bugs so people can feedback their issues. Just for the better Luminar in the not so distant future?

Robert Gorski

Choosing different source with Alt-Click on Win 10 doesn't work at all. Is anybody else having this issue?

Collin Moore

"Please keep in mind that photo "import" functions are just sugar coating over native Windows file move/copy functions."

Sorry, I don't want to make folders. I want the app to build the folder structure (typically YYYY/MM/DD format) and then use keyword tagging to build virtual folders for selects.

User organization ends up having errors, either copying to the wrong place, drive, subfolder. I want to plug in my camera, click import, and then have the program do the heavy lifting.

Additionally, total control would be something similar to Lightroom of allowing selection prior to importing, additionally to do file renaming and metadata batch upon import.

The lack of this feature on the PC version is just flat out insane. The fact that it is on the MAC version and not the PC version is even more of a slap in the face to PC users.

Raimund Harndt

I just renamed the Luminar Catalogue folder and then Luminar 3 worked very well and fast. But it created a new catalogue by itself.

Christine Ganal

Hallo,

Habe gerade Luminar3 installiert. Jetzt scannt der PC schon seit Stunden meine externen Platte um meine Bilder einzufügen. Ist das normal?

Raimund Harndt

Ja, leider! Ich hab's über Nacht laufen lassen. Aber mit dem Katalog kommen dann die Probleme. Lieber gleich drauf verzichten.

Frank Ferriolo

I am a Windows user. I agree there is a problem when trying to re-edit RAW files. Luminar 3 will not allow a re-edit. This is a problem that must be fixed ASAP. Waiting till FEB for this is not acceptable. Also, the filmstrip order does not stay in sequence after the edit of a file. I have to search up and down the film strip to find the file I just edited.

Jose Castro

So, as a Skylum customer under W10, was very excited to try out L3 but what an immense disappointment. It just doesn't work. Have tried every single resolution mentioned here and still can't get it to work. Since I'm on a 30 day try out period, my question is, as a trial customer, will my trial period be extended from the original registration date on the web site? I would hate, no, I hate when I pay for something that doesn't work and delivers on its promises.

Neil Harris

@Fred Lüdemann

Nope, never used DxO Photolab.

Roberto Picó Pastor

Un problema en Windows es la incapacidad de volver a editar los archivos raw de nikon Nef que se editaron en Luminar 3, no se pueden volver a editar, la barra lateral de edición no vuelve se queda en gris y no se puede volver a editar por mucho tiempo que espere. Eso para mi es muy importante y me obliga a utilizar luminar 2018, asta que se solucione el problema. 😥
    (A problem in Windows is the inability to re-edit the Nef nikon raw files that were edited in Luminar 3, they can not be edited again, the editing sidebar does not return, it remains gray and can not be edited again. Long time to wait. That for me is very important and forces me to use 2018 luminar, until the problem is solved.)

Joseph Mainhall

After dealing with the EXIF data being stripped away for the first 6 months in version 2018, it's back again in 3.  This has happened to over 90% of jpgs that I have worked with and exported (re-written)  The only time it consistently DOES NOT strip the data seems to be when the option to "keep both files" is chosen.   I also don't get why it takes it upon itself to change the dpi without my permission.  Very frustrating. 

Richard Boyle

Why does Luminar need an internet connection? What data/information are you sending? It is polite at the very least to ask permission to do this.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We released a patch last weekend (more info: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036043011-Luminar-3-0-1-is-here) If you haven't already, please install it.

You can also visit the News & Updates section of the forum at https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360000158652-News-Updates to read the Luminar 3 Updates From Support (to date there are 6 of them) for an updated list of known issues, estimated fix dates, and workarounds.

If you’ve encountered a problem not listed please file a support ticket at https://www.skylum.com/support 

Robert Chlup

I am angry ! I've been waiting for over a year for a usable software. and now I will be put off until February until the BASIC functions become reality.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/profiles/373049593711-Neil-Harris

Jaak Ennuste

I had very loooooong startup time. Many minutes. It cured when I made new library and started from scratch. I think I had too many photos in my old library and new ver. 3 does not handle it well.

Fitz Michael

Guys stick with the 2018 it will solve all the problems. You are not getting paid to do testing. 

last update 3.01

-still crashed like no tomorrow

-Slow like an old lady.

Joseph Mainhall

The amazing thing is the varied experiences we share.  For example, I was ready to give up a few weeks ago.  Jpgs were initially being saved and it took a minute, now it takes 30 second or less.  My metadata was completely wiped out, now it's not.  Saved photos were changed by Luminar to something like 72 dpi, now it's at 240.  All positive changes happened after the first update.  Interesting though that the destroyed metadata issue seemed to be not common, in fact, I found no other complaints from others.  When I was hating it many were loving it.  Most Youtube reviews have been favorable since day one but could have fooled me until the first update.

Dennis Moranz

I've been satisfied since the 3.0.1 update. The program still crashes occasionally and I have some other minor quirks but It's not that much of a problem for me and I'm sure that Skylum will finish working the bugs out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.