L3 .xmp .rw2

Comments

4 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi John, 

Currently, we don't have an exact answer as .xmp support is under development right now. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

Hi, what info are you hoping to read from the XMP files?

John West

Hi Richard

Mainly Titles and Keywords also I believe it stores any edits performed and deleting .xmp would revert to original RAW, meaning I would have to re-edit.

BTW thanks for all your informative material that you provided - clear and concise.

Jeremy Tyree

Not so concerned about getting edits performed into Luminar 3 as in using Apple Photos today, am round tripping to Luminar, Aurora HD, Affinity Photo, and Adobe Photoshop Elements and none of those edits are being captured.  Since Apple Photos saves no history, allowing a revert only to original, can't imagine folks like me will get any bang for the buck out of exporting raw with XMP sidecar from Apple Photos if the main aim is to retain raw and pass on adjustments.

However, being able to import existing keywords and locations while retaining original raw file would be huge.  Using these to develop smart albums and enabling smart searches vs. building keywords from scratch over a 30K photo library is a quantum leap.

Just hoping that Skylum's developers are looking at this request as they work on a searchable library.   

Please sign in to leave a comment.