Luminar 3 for windows

Comments

6 comments

David John

I have installed Luminar 3 twice, uninstalled, reinstalled clean... So disappointed, the slowest loading software I've ever had! once software loads/opens, the filters do not load, the looks do not load, every command/action is so slow I give up. and close the program, go back to my Photoshop, which I had hoped not to do.  Really so disappointed.

Comment actions Permalink
    Barry Sachais

Kenney jr and John, I made similar comments to yours. I've uninstalled Luminar 3 and will wait quite a while before installing the next update. I've got Luminar 2018 which, very honestly, I enjoyed. It was another tool for me to add to LR, PS, and ON1 Photo RAW. This was my first experience with Skylum and it just may be my last. From a PR standpoint, someone from Skylum should have contacted its customers with an "OMG, we screwed up and we're sorry" email. Yet, 3 days after the release all I hear is silence. For me, all of this is simply a loss of some dollars ( not happy about that) because I've got the software I need and like. Like many others, I enjoy seeing what other tools I might add to my toolbox for post-processing. The 1st release of Luminar 3 is a disaster. I'd hesitate to add future releases.  The company should be embarrassed by the 1st release.

Ralph Knutsen

I was having the same issues, then deleted the Luminar Catalog under MY Pictures after uninstalling the product, and reinstalled.  Now working fine.  Your use may vary.  For the record, I managed global large systems tech support in a top 5 pharma company for 30+ years.  The stuff going on should never happen.  Someone at Skylum really dropped the ball and should be updating his/her resume'.

Hans Wahlgren

Barry, I have the same experiences. Do you run L 3 in Windows? I wuold like to uninstall L 3 but I have read that L 3 deletes connected photo directories when deleting itself. Have you experienced any issues in relation to unistalling L 3?

Barry Sachais

Hi Hans,

I had no issues with photos or directories being deleted from my hard drive.

After L3 was uninstalled I went to the "Pictures" folder ( I'm running Win10 ) where the catalog, by default, is placed and removed that. L3 was such a disaster I looked for any reference to it and deleted what I could find. 

Good luck Hans. Maybe Skylum will get it right next time around.

Barry
    Juraj Dolanjski

I can not even install it.

My Luminar 2018 is still working great on the same Win 10 PC

Please sign in to leave a comment.