Simple question - viewing images on 27 iMac ?!

Comments

4 comments

Richard Harrington

Hi, that makes the App Window full screen.

Press the Spacebar to toggle views of single to multiple images.

Comment actions Permalink
    Justin Hannah

Thanks for replying but that's not what I mean.

Is is possible to view an image completely full screen ?

i.e to cover 100% of my screen ? when I press F for full screen the screen doesnt cover 100% of the screen - there is a broad edge around the image.

Martin Reber

Justin - another user here.  Is it possible for you to upload a screenshot or link to a screenshot somewhere?

You referenced fullscreen as "cover 100% of my screen."  There are two situations I can think of - 1) where the app window is fullscreen (as mentioned above by Richard) and/or 2) where the image (photo) is fullscreen.

The 27" iMac screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio.  If your image is also 16:9 it can be displayed fullscreen (in the sense of covering 100% of your screen).  If the image is any other aspect ratio it will have borders (even if they are black) unless the image gets cropped (or stretched) to 16:9.  Another possibility is if Luminar displays fullscreen images with a border regardless of their aspect ratio.

In my experience with Photoshop, Aperture, Preview, etc.  their definition of fullscreen is to display the image at a size where the larger dimension (either vertical or horizontal) is the full size of the screen (or window) and the smaller dimension falls where it may.  Usually the borders are black, so it looks as if there are no borders.  I don't use Lightroom so I can't say for sure what it does, but I'd be surprised if LR can display "fullscreen" any differently.

Justin Hannah

Martin - thanks you are absolutely correct !!

I said it was a simple question !!

Please sign in to leave a comment.