Luminar 3: Sending images to Aurora HDR

Comments

4 comments

Karl Buckholtz

you are not missing anything,there is no way to send three bracketed images from Lum 3 to Aurora....and there is no way to access plugins(ie Topaz,Nik) from within the Luminar 3 program either.All of this I do now from my old LR 5 program.At least from the windows version.I had hoped(and still hope) to move away from Lightroom into Luminar 3,but that's not happening with this release.By the way,Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2019 both work great.For now I'll stick with those programs

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

This will come soon, it requires an update to both apps and is in the works.

In the meantime, here's what I do.

1. Select the images

2. Drag them on the shortcut for application in task bar

if above doesn't work, you can also right click on images and reveal in Explorer

3. Open in Aurora

4. Edit

5. Save a 16-bit TIFF and an Aurora project file back to source folder.

when you return to Luminar the 16-bit TIFF will automatically show up in Library.

I know this isn't a perfect workflow, but it should help for short term,

Michael Sojka

oh man - you've got to be kidding.  The most basic functionality one could want.  I can't believe I just forked out my $$$ to find this out.  I cannot see the my raw images in Aurora and can in Luminar.  What am I not understanding about this work flow.   I thought Luminar was the replacement for Lightroom from a viewing and file catalog perspective and Aurora was for creating the HDR image. 

Terry Rogers

Hi Michael. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to help you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.