Uninstalled Luminar 3

Comments

14 comments

Stephen Campbell

Bob, I don't think it has anything to do with your system. Skylum has released a very buggy application. I was editing a jpeg just a few minutes ago and when I try to add the Develop Filter it disappears from the list of filters and does not appear on the far right column so you make adjustments.

Like you I am going to rely on LUminar 2018 until they canclearly demonstrate a solid bit of software.

FYI I am running

macOS Nojave 10.14.2

Mac Pro

Processor 3.5 GHz 6Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Graphics Radeon Pro 700 6144MB

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Shrader

Thanks, Stephen, for verifying I am not alone!

Rob Davis

Oh no you're not alone! Believe me.

Alec Smith

Yep believe him. You are not alone. It is currently a waste of disc space.

Michael J. Nobis

Hi Bob, you're really not alone, Luminar 3 is very buggy and doesn't let use it on my iMac late 2016) and MacBook (late 2016 with M7).

I went back to 2018 version, this is working very well. I'm disappointed a lot from Skylum, they delivery unusable and made a big advertisement for the huge step in photo developing software...bad bad bad. 

BR Michael J.

Wenxin He

MAC users are lucky to be able to launch it. As a Windows user, most of us could not even open the application. The splash screen takes ages to disappear.

Lutz Ulrich

Yes, it seems to be a pre-beta version, skylum is selling at the moment. L3 is full of bugs, can´t open some files, crashes frequently and is much slower, than L2018. While I kind of like the "DAM" there is too much killer-bugs in L3, so I will be sticking on L2018, too.

Phil Hurd

I have all the above issues plus it takes an age to open (sometimes it just hangs). I also have 32GB of memory. I've gone back to Luminar 2018 for editing, still using Lightroom as my Library system

Alina Skylum

Hi folks,

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues in the end of January - beginning of February.

Jared Frazin

Let's see: freezes, can't merge layers, randomly over exposes an image and then freezes, can't see or go back in history. I think it would be a huge mistake to open your only image, perhaps a copy. I'm not going to waste any more time trying this app. Either back to Lightroom/Photoshop or Luminar 2018.

Stephen Campbell

I have found a solution at least on a Mac but I tend to think it might also be a solution for those of you on Windows. Matt Seuss has an excellent video on not installing or uninstalling the Library. Here is the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXokR-ayoY I encourage you all to watch it. I just followed his suggestions and I have not experienced any of the issues that I have written about on several of these forums.

While the Library concept that Skylum has designed I think will eventually prove to be awesome this initial iteration is the "root of all evil" that we are experiencing.

Frank Fiorentino

I am also seeing serious performance issues with my new 2018 15"  MBP. Rendering files from my Sony A7RIII is quite slow and even slower when I add adjustments. 

Mojave 10.14.2

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16gb RAM

Radeon Pro 560X 4mb VRAM

I really want this to be a successful piece of software.  Right now there are somer serious deficiencies which for the $39 I paid I am willing to wait it out and continue with LR at least until my current subscription runs out in August 2019.

Bob Shrader

Stephen, thank you for posting the link to Matt's workaround. As a result, I reinstalled V.3 and put the Luminar catalog in an empty folder. 

Phil Hurd

Excellent Stephen, thanks for posting. I had gone back to using Luminar 2018 as a Lightroom Plugin but clearing the Luminar 3 catalogue has improved performance  no end, so I'm now using Luminar 3 as a plugin to Lightroom.

Please sign in to leave a comment.