Luminar 3.0 NO PHOTOS AFTER 1st RUN

Comments

9 comments

andy gray

had same issue, as my photos were on a portable hard drive and when loaded second time.....nothing... had to attach portable hard drive which seemed to release and sorted......not good as don't want to keep attached everytime....mmm tad glitchy

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

I am pretty sure that if Luminar 3 can not access your photos because you removed the portable drive they are stored on, then you will not see those photos until you reconnect that drive. Luminar works with your folders, it does not duplicate your originals.

andy gray

you misunderstand me - I couldn't see any photos on my pc at all, incld those stored on my C: drive......not the portable drive.

Roy Blackwell

@Andy Gray: did you add other folders from your hard drive to the Luminar 3 Library? If not, you will not see them until you do.

Read Bixby

I think I am having a similar problem, though I'm not using a portable hard drive (all of my photos are on a permanently attached drive).  The first time I opened up Luminar 3, it found my photos and presented me with the library view as expected.  It crashed a short while later.  Upon opening the application again, images are not visible, though it is clearly still tracking the directories added to my catalog.  The thumbnail data also still exists.  I tried re-creating the catalog, and also re-installing Luminar.  I haven't found any menu option that looks like it would fix the problem.  I've looked at the documentation for the software and it doesn't look like there are any other steps necessary to view a library, so I'm not sure what (if anything) I'm doing wrong.

I looked in the Application directory and also in the AppData directory, but I didn't find any sort of obvious log file.  Does anyone know where that is stored?  Might be able to find something there.

Jub De

For mine i did not do anything on the computer except to exit Luminar 3 and reboot the computer. When I came back and turned on the computer and ipened Luminar 3 Library library list with no pictures, histogram of the last opened photo is there.

Андрей Дубровин

I have this problem too.

My photos on the local disk and in the right panel Library I see folders and the number of photos in them, but the main panel is empty and does not display photos

Andrew Amster

Same (or at least related problem). I saw photos in the Library when I started Luminar. And was able to change from one month view to another and see thumbnails the first time I did it. But... when I clicked another month, everything vanished and would not come back until I restarted Luminar completely. And... I actually just tried to restart and it ISN'T showing me anything at all. Photos are there; no thumbnails. (P.S. There's an issue flipping back and forth between Libary and Edit. We need ways to change folders more easily. We should be able to see file names/info in the Library view... why sort by file type if we can't see the file type?)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. As you can imagine our support team has been exceptionally busy.

To see a list of known issues and fixes/workarounds for Luminar 3 - go to https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360000158652-News-Updates and read the Luminar 3 Updates from the Support Team (to date there are four posts).

If you're experiencing an issue that isn't listed there please contact us at Skylum.com/Support and we'll be glad to help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.