Luminar 3 crashes often and is nervous very slow

Comments

16 comments

Scott DB

Sadly same problem.   Luminar 3 is crashing.   A lot.   MacBook Pro 2015, 16 Gigs, SSD.   This is not good.  I have a folder with about 50 pictures.   Start to edit.   Crash.     Period.   Every time.    Hope you guys are working on this. : /

Comment actions Permalink
    Dirk Husemann

I can provoke the spinning beach-ball of death just by going to Edit -> Plugins -> Other — then it's force-quite time. Reliably. Repeatedly.

Peter Dijkhuis

@scott @dirk everything in this new Luminar is instable and works nervously. Pictures change to the previous or the next one. The looks sometimes appear only black. By switching to another set liken -landscape - everything appears again. Lot of work to do for the developers

b bonev

Hi everybody, I had some serious issue too.

• I will start with not having Luminar 3 for free since I own 2018 version Luminar. Am I supposed to receive a link with my new serial number? The new version is not showing in my software. Actually 2018 is not showing up either. Only the original purchase is showing. 
    • So since support by web form is way too slow I went and got the try out so I can test it. Here are the big issues I saw that most of you already mentioned:
    1. crashing- this happens all over the place- indexing my photo library, scrolling, zooming just name it it is there. 
    2. Color shift as people noticed when editing. 
    3. Thumnails of photos with PhotoPro profile does not show proper colors. If you double click on it, it will render ok in a second once it loads. 
    Scott DB

Super bummed too as I was actually pretty excited about this one.   Everything is in place but the bugs are certainly disheartening.   

Bill Alpert

What a letdown to that long buildup. Hoping that a new (and more stable) release follows quickly.

D.J. Horstman

Problem is not limited to MAC. I use Windows 10 and have just had two crashes within half an hour. Disappointing!!

Eventviewer shows next log:
    Fault bucket 1474422197509413889, type 5
    Event Name: CLR20r3
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Luminar 3.exe
    P2: 3.0.0.1533
    P3: 5c13e328
    P4: PresentationFramework
    P5: 4.7.3221.0
    P6: 5b886121
    P7: 5887
    P8: 4b
    P9: System.NullReferenceException
    P10:

Daniel Orts

pareil pour moi

- System

- Provider
          [ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026
          [ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
          [ SystemTime] 2018-12-21T17:29:46.928294900Z

EventRecordID 1694

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-958F6F8

Security
    - EventData
          Application : Luminar 3.exe Version du Framework : v4.0.30319 Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée. Informations sur l'exception : System.NullReferenceException à MiplWrapper.MiplGLImage.isMelissaRGB() à Common.GLImageView.UserControls.GLImageControl.RenderCompare(System.Object, SharpGL.SceneGraph.OpenGLEventArgs) à SharpGL.WPF.OpenGLBitmap.RenderImage(Boolean, RenderFuncDelegate) à Common.GLImageView.UserControls.GLImageControl.RenderImage() à Common.GLImageView.UserControls.GLImageControl.UpdateImageState(Common.Core.Models.Image.ImageStateInfo) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Action) à System.Action`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.__Canon) à Common.Core.Models.Image.ImageState.RaiseEvents(Common.Core.Models.Image.ImageStateInfo) à Common.Core.Models.Image.ImageState.UpdateImageState(System.Drawing.Size, System.Windows.Size, Boolean, Common.Infrastructure.Models.FlipRotate.FlipRotateInfo) à Luminar.PreviewImage.Models.PreviewImageModel.LoadModel() à Luminar.PreviewImage.Models.PreviewImageModel.OnSelectedImageModelChanged(Luminar.DAM.Core.Models.DAMImageModel) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) à Luminar.DAM.App.Main()

Daniel Orts

aussi

Luminar 3.exe
          5c13e328
          unknown
          c0000005
          00007ffc2f92f967
          bfc
          01d4995155c21109
          C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3\Luminar 3.exe
          unknown
          a73f6189-7918-4090-a485-d39b7bcc35fd

Steve Duffey

It would appear that Luminar 3 isn't ready for primetime. I have 32GB of memory and a SSD drive with adequate free space and yet the only thing that appears is the splash screen.

fabian tschopp

Same here.. crashes all the time. Furthermore i get only a red picture from time to time especially when working with the external GPU. So Pictures turn to completely red and then mostly crashes.

henry lee

I get the same red picture issues and I'm not on an external GPU. Usually I switch to another image and come back and hope the issue goes away. Sometimes it's also really slow just trying to zoom in on a picture.

Harrie

Running the trial version and not convinced due to:

- very slow startup

- crashes or hangs frequently (Looks Panel sometimes hangs while selecting another image but also whole app is hanging / crashing)

I'm using a Windows based system with i7 cpu, SSD and 8GB of RAM.

First impression of what the tool could do is good but with the issues it's a NoGo.

Denis Kotsee

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues at the end of January - beginning of February.

Chris Montgomery

I'm having the issues mentioned above, with the February update.  I'm running the latest Windows 10, my hardware is powerful and I have the latest drivers for everything.  Luminar 3 crashes within seconds of opening, every time.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the 3.0.2 update. We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send the following to support@skylum.com.

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Right-click the Luminar Catalog folder > click Compress and wait for the process to finish.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the filesystem, for example.

If your copy of Luminar is crashing, send us crash reports:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    3. Paste the following path: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and click Go.
    4. In the folder that opens find the most recent files with Luminar 3 in their names and attach them to your email.

In order for us to directly track this issue, please also send us your Hardware UUID:

1. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
    2. Click About This Mac.
    3. In the window that opens, click System Report.
    4. In the window that opens, make sure Hardware is selected in the column on the left.
    5. Locate the Hardware UUID string, copy it, and paste it into your email.

Thanks in advance! We look forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.