Slow and Buggy!!

Comments

21 comments

Mike Briley

My experience exactly. It take 5 minutes to load with about 100 photos in the catalogue. You can't leave it in the background because it hogs too much memory. I'm going back to Luminar 2018 and looking for something else for a catalogue. Any suggestions anyone?

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Briley

Sorry a typo - 10000 photos in the catalogue

Jack Leslie

I’ve been having similar problems: importing a directory (year) with several subdirectories (day) with about 13,000 raw files in total, took overnight. At least, after an hour + I gave up and went to bed. 

Starting the software ware takes forever too.  Aurora boots up normally, but Luminar 3 is “start it and walk away and do something else” software. I’m sure that it has great features, but it seems to need more processing power than my six month old $2000 HP laptop has. 

Jack

Yohai Mor

Same Luminar 3 Works so slow on my Pc.

João Tremoceiro

The same problem. It's too slow, I'm seriously considering opting for other software. After so much time waiting, they present us with a program that still needs a lot of work to become minimally usable.

jean Vidal

Serieux! vous avez oser mettre en ligne une telle daube? vous devriez avoir honte de votre travail votre logiciel est inutilisable

vous devriez rembourser vos clients

Ed Dumas

"Yeah I may tryout ON! 2019 again, catalog was better, and after looking at masking tool videos on youtube it is superior

Cornelis Visser

Same story here: With 3.4 GB CPU and 7 cores, 16 Gig of free RAM and 100+ Gig free space on hard drive, using  

Luminar 3 drives you biting your nails....

Alexander Weimer

I'm playing with the ON1 too. It seems to be good.

Mike Briley

I agree ON1 is looking good to me. There are one or two things I liked on Luminar that I haven't found yet but it is certainly more reactive by like 3 light-years! Does anyone know of a review comparing Luminar 3 and ON1 2019?

Ed Dumas

Mike, bad news is, I am running ON! trial also same computer so even compare to Luminar.....Catalog works good  ...BUT The photo editing module to edit my 24meg RAW files on my I7 16gig Laptop I HORRIBLE LAG actually WORSE than Luminar for editing unless you have a super computer, Is too had I had hopes for ON1 as I think the masking tool is better than luminars...LAG is so bad even just moving any sliders in RAW develop picture lag is at least 1 second or better  UNUSABLE IMO, I hear ON1 community has complaints too.... I think they both work mostly same memory hog setup

I will stay with 2018 luminar for sometime Edit of my LR 6 files for now, still searching for a robust software that works but not costly llike Adobe and C1

Anthony Pagano

Iv'e been using ON1 Photo Raw 2019 for almost a week now and it's been working great!!  It's fast and stable while browsing and editing even with ram previews set to accurate.  Even with an older i7 4790 processor.  

Of course not everyone will have the same experience due to the different computer specs people have.  

Hopefully everyone here finds something that works for them.

Mike Briley

My experience ( a few days only) with ON1 PhotoRaw 2019 is that it is fast and stable for the catalogue but sluggish for certain edits and you wonder sometimes if your mouse is still responding. When you have to wait a couple of seconds each time you push a slider its unsettling. I'm staying with Luminar 2018 for the moment and continue using my chaotic catalogue system with Faststone (far from optimal but it's fast gets the job done). I hope this may be helpful.

Let's hope that one day we'll have a Luminar with catalogue that will be useable. They have told me there will be an update in February that will solve everything but personally I'm not holding my breath.

Alexander Weimer

ON1 works good on my comp. But it's true there is sometimes a wait time after I move slider. I think this is because ON1 updates presets previews on the left side. If I close them it works better. I can get the same results with ON1 as with Luminar but with a little bit more work. I realy like the Luminar AI-Enhancers. On the other hand there a some features I miss in Luminar and the price for ON1 with HDR, Focus-Stacking and Pano-Stitching is hot.

David Martin

I sadly have to agree that Luminar 3 is a great disappointment. It is extremely slow to load. And it will definitely crash while editing a photo, every time I try to use it.

So for now, I have gone back to using Luminar 2018. If the quality of Luminar 3 is any indication of the future for Skylum, I will have to find an alternative.

Reehan Hoossein

After all the updates, it is very slow... Export takes 4-5 mins.  Unable to copy adjustments to another file image.  Could have paid a little more to get a better software.  Highly not recommended to anyone unless all the issues are fixed.

Reehan Hoossein

Now not evening exporting Nikon D700 nef files.  Nothing happens even after 15 mins.  Just the notification of export.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Reehan,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issues you're experiencing.

putu de

Yes definitely soooooo slow!!

----

Editing RAW of Canon EOS R .cr3 file. 

RAM: 16GB
    Proc: Ryzen 5 3400

Vita Bergman

Hi Putu!

Luminar performance might depend on several factors such as your hardware configuration, Library size and images format (it can take a bit more time to load RAW/TIFF/DNG files and generate the previews)Could you please let us know the following:

How many images are there in your Library?
    Are they located on the internal or external drive?

putu de

I load one folder consist of 165 files. Located in the internal drive (SSD). 

Please sign in to leave a comment.