Luminar 3: My issue list sofar

Comments

8 comments

Mario Hillen

Unusable software after importing 70,000 photos. The software took hours for the import and starts now with at least 5 min on a I7 with 16GB and SSD

Comment actions Permalink
    Collin Moore

I bought way back in 2017 when they were first talking about adding the DAM feature. Having waited an entire year, and trying it on both MAC and PC, it is extremely disappointing.

Honestly feels like they found an old version of Picasa and added image processing to it.

There are a number of items that I seriously can not understand how it shipped without, given the market they are targeting.

• No import on PC? Seriously?
    • No watermark export
    • No auto advance on P/X flagging
    • No metadata, EXIF, keywords

There are also some really strange decisions. On my MAC I created a new catalog on an external drive, but couldn't import anything without first making a random folder for the images.

I'd like to have a Lightroom alternative, but Luminar has a long way to go given the release of Luminar 3. While it is nice that they roadmap for future additions to the application, I don't think I can wait another year for some of the features they have listed.

Thomas H

" - There's no import functionality. "

This was very disappointing !

Ralph Knutsen

I find it incredible that Skylum support has not commented on any problem post.

Thomas H

I guess they are overwhelmed by this chaotic launch.

Let's be patient and hope that we will hear from them soon.

Ralph Knutsen

I am sure they are, but they need to get in front of it and issue some kind of statement that they recognize what is happening.  Saying nothing just shows indifference.

K.G. Wuensch

Their only realistic chance is to pull the plug on the Luminar 3 version, take it down from the download area and set a realistic time frame for the fixes and then release a proper public beta (for those that still are willing to spend their time testing one - and fix the issues these beta testers find) and then when all that is done they can re-release as a product you ask money for.

Collin Moore

"take it down from the download area and set a realistic time frame for the fixes and then release a proper public beta"

They have been thinking and working on the DAM/Libraries since at least the middle of 2017! I wouldn't expect them to add or fix anything at any sense of speed.

Given the features they are promoting, they are targeting casual photographers given them a "Instagram Filters" type application for photos on their computer, not on more professional photographers who need a powerful DAM that works with 100,000+ photos.

Please sign in to leave a comment.