Luminar 3.1

Comments

15 comments

Andy Wong

My main problem is I can't edit any edited files, it just gets stuck from loading all the changes I made. Once I reset all changes, the editing panel is working again. Library isn't efficient as advertised, because it's on Windows?

Comment actions Permalink
    Joseph Morelli

New functions do not help if you cannot use the program

Andy Wong

Hey Duc Vu Anh,

No, I don't have any custom workspaces yet, just using all default workspaces. Nothing works. Thanks for your reply.

Thomas Mahnken

Roadmap for January should look Like this:
    - performance improvements
    - vast improvement on memory handling

Instead I read about several new functions. This is obviously not Important right now for most of the users. You need to improve on performance & stability - that's the main thing where Luminar - frankly speaking - sucks.

Duc Vu Anh

Strange that everytime Luminar starts, it doesn't remember that last position/folder in the Library. Everytime it opens a diffrent folders, very annoying :(

Leila Evans

Sure! We'll release a hotfix for the most common bugs soon.

Guido Fromm

Luminar 3 is not more than a bad beta-version. Within my Windows PC AMD 4300 Quad Processor, 16 GB RAM i can't use Luminar any more. Importing is totaly bad, using filters is extremly bad etc. That wasn't a good idea to update...

Duc Vu Anh

Hi Andy Wong,

Did you creat a custom Workspace and set it as default? I have experienced the same problem until I delete all custom workspaces and reset to default. It works now. 

Yohai Mor

Same as Andy

After I Finish to edit the Raw file and I go back to the Library I cant' edit the edited photo.

the only solution, for now, it's what  Erwin Kargl gave.

I hope to see a fix for this Problem.

Updated the solution not working.

Michael Mauer

I totally agree!! Please fix the discribed problems. It is not possible to work with this product Luminar 3!

Thanks

Erwin Kargl

Hi Andi Wong,

I had a simmilar issue. In my case there have been three background-tasks of luminar with no activity in the task manager (STRG + ALT + DEL) open. Closing these taskes in the task manager brought back the edit functions.

Erwin

K.G. Wuensch

Add photos to the library via Finder or Explorer and no matter which photo you had selected in the library eventually it will pick up the new photos and jump to the first image in the library because the new images triggered a re-layout of the images and thus loses your current position...

There needs to be a rethink as to how the images are displayed. Preview sizes vary wildly depending on how the images are ordered and which aspect ratio and orientation they happen to have - this makes choosing images for their own merits very hard because some are shown very large while others are shown up to almost only half the size - a fixed grid wouldn't have needed the re-layout when new images are added and would have guaranteed fixed preview sizes which allow selection choices to be made. The current layout also makes it hard to make selections over several rows of images.

So 100 points for trying and -10000 points for botching it...

Duc Vu Anh

Dear K.G. Wuensch

I did not add new photo. Luminar pick the folder randomly :(

K.G. Wuensch

@Duc, I wasn't disputing that (I experienced similar but couldn't pinpoint what was going on before Luminar became unresponsive and I had to kill the process) - just that there are numerous ways to trigger a re-layout and a random selection of the current displayed image.

Andy Wong

Hey Erwin,

I'm not seeing multiple Luminar open from the background when the issue happens. So I can't figure it out until they roll out an update or hotfix.

Thank you all.

Please sign in to leave a comment.