Comments

11 comments

Federico Chieli

Same concern here...

Thank you

Federico

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

Merging of catalogs is not yet released, but is planned.

Norbert Seekircher

Is there any workaround except of duplicating the master catalog and all image files?

Richard Harrington

There is no known workaround yet. The new features for data management will roll out next year.

Richard Harrington

Try keeping the catalog in the images on the same external hard drive. Make sure that the users on both computers have the same username as well.

Roger Backhouse

A workaround. Its really an elaboration of what Richard Harrington has suggested.

Let's suppose, to make it easier, that you store your photos on an iMac, but that when in the field you process them with a Macbook. (I just need easy names for the two computers.) Store the catalog on an external drive (SSD for speed) and include both the iMac's photo folders and a photo folder on the external SSD in the catalog. Then, on location, plug the drive into the Macbook, import photos to the external drive, edit them, etc. The photo folders on the iMac will be inaccessible, marked with warning triangles, but apart from the time taken to load all the warnings (which can be a pain) that does not seem to matter. Then when you get home, plug the external drive into the iMac, open the catalog, and inside the catalog you can drag the folders on the external drive to where you want them in the iMac's photo folder. When you do this, it seems to move the files from one drive to the other, but as it is all inside the same catalog, you do not lose any adjustments.

It is not as neat as Capture One's sessions, or being able to import from one catalog to another, but it seems to work. If someone knows of a hidden peril that I haven't spotted, I would like to know. :-)

Tony Collins

An alternatieve I am in the process of setting up is to keep the catalogue, and images currently being edited in a synced cloud type drive. (I'm using synologoy drive, but I assume eg dropbox or icloud would work the same).

I'll let you know how it works out - I've just moved the catalogue on my desktop to the synced drive - next try to open it from the laptop.

Thomas Lakenberg

Hi,

Thank you very much for the question and all your answers, but it seems that no new features for data management have been implemented in Luminar 3 over the course of the last months.

Will this be part of Luminar 4, then?

Thanks again,

Thomas

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

We have new features coming to the catalog early 2020 for both Luminar and Luminar 4. Get the details on the roadmap at https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Tony Collins

A simple "no" would suffice.

Thomas Lakenberg

Angela,

Thank you for your comment and sorry for my late reply.

Tony,

Thank you for confirming what I had thought after reading through all that stuff.

Please sign in to leave a comment.