Hey Skylum, you HAVE to monitor this forum.

Comments

7 comments

Karl Buckholtz

exactly

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Mahnken

Thanks, Bill, your post is the most important one since v3 release and I can totally agree with everything you have written. I bought Luminar 2017 and am having kind of an deja vu, because the complains where the same back than. Skylum managed to adress a lot of bugs and 2018-version was usuable for many (although I still find ram usage rediculous). Right now we are at a stage where I think featurewise Luminar beats most of it's competitors, but what use does it provide when performance and stability are so weak?
    I am afraid my guess is the code needs core rewrite to provide proper performance, at least on Windows systems.
    Would be a good thing at least to know what the hack the problems are based on....

Wing Tam

Well said Bill. That was my initial thought. I for one don't want Skylum to fail. But releasing Luminar 3 without beta testing it properly is just insane!! They shot themselves in the foot. I would have loved to test it out and given them my feedback. Anyway, it's too late now. All they can do is bring out a fix ASAP!

Bill Salopek

Karl, Thomas, Wing...

Thanks...

--

Bill

Thomas Mahnken

Surprising that all those YouTube influencers doing content about Luminar 3 didn't mention any problems....maybe it would hurt the affiliate link efficiency ;-)

Bill Salopek

Yep.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We are sorry it has taken us so long to respond here. As you can imagine the launch of Luminar 3 has been exceptionally busy for our support team. We are working hard to answer each of your requests, questions, and comments via email and here in the forums.

If you are having issues with Luminar 3, please keep an eye on the News/Updates section here in the forums at 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360000158652-News-Updates. Our support team has been posting regular updates about bugs, workarounds, and expected fix timelines.

Please sign in to leave a comment.