Big announcement - big disappointment

Comments

12 comments

Yannick Huberty

Had the same with "C" for crop (Mac), and no way out of Crop mode...

Comment actions Permalink
    Greg Wallis

I have exactly the same problem. Luminar 3, is, effectively, still in beta and should never have been released. It's not possible to edit images successfully without restarting the program for every image. Ridiculous. So, for me,  the only answer is to go back to the stable Luminar 2018 and use Adobe Bridge (free) for DAM purposes. You know they have a problem, as it's taken forever to create their DAM module that was promised for L 2018 but clearly is a complete mess. This is so sad and a huge PR disaster.

Liang Wee

Hi, I am having the same problem. The image editing stuck/hang. I am so excited for the new update but it is a total disaster, more bugs are introduced to the Luminar 3 and there are bugs in Luminar 2018 that is not yet solved. 

Luminar is such a great software if the bugs are properly fixed. Sometimes I wonder if the software can read the RAW files properly or not and is the software really doing the editing properly or I am just lucky that the software is able to create the look and feel I want. 

My post here:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360034171832-Luminar-3-Problem

Barry Sachais

I absolutely agree! With all the hype, the videos, the blabbing by the "affiliate" sellers, I had high hopes Luminar 3 would at least be functional with bugs worked out. This software is not functional. I think I'll be sticking with ON1 RAW as the 3rd of my post-processing software. It works beautifully! Yeah, bugs here and there but they're fixed. If I could get a refund from Skylum I'd take it. In the meantime, I'll wait and see what happens with Luminar 3. For now, it's worthless. 

Robert Mathews

Shortcuts don't work for me either -- I've tried C for Crop and T for Transform, and they don't work.

Anders Lönn

I run win 10 / 32GB RAM / GTX 970/ i7- 4790k I share your disapointment. Here is unfourtuneately a lot of bugs.

Christian Wendt

I find out there is a problem with dop.files created by Dxo photolab if you using it. In this files the raw edits by dxo are saved. Luminar see those as the raw files and loads it into the library and inclusice the preview. If you do edits on this file it leads to a freeze..

Please fix that.

Craig Lister

Yeah. I’m having endless issues too. Cropped images go crazy. Edited images get locked so that I can no longer edit. Images change to over saturated or some other filter max value when I go to library. Very unstable. Not safe to use. Unreliable.

And I for 2 friends to buy. So now I need to explain to them that I gave bad advice and that it really is a beta release. A few versions before it can be used - I think.

Craig Levine

Hi Christian, I have a similar system, Windows 10, 32Gb, SSD, GTX-1080. I'm experiencing the same issues. I can no longer edit 2 images now. The editing window is frozen in that the cursor is stuck on the "+" cursor for zooming, and all editing tools are greyed out. Clicking does absolutely nothing, but the top menus work. This is very annoying and disruptive!

François Hamon

Agree.... too many announcement, then a true disappointment (despite greatly enhanced speed...) ... I loved Luminar, I love Aurora, but please, Skylum, less marketing activities and more real changes...

Alexander Weimer

Open the edited image grayed out the right panel.

This bug should be removed quickly!!! Luminar is useless otherweise.

Why is it not possible to export more than one image from the album???

To open every image to export them is tedious work and not a fun!!!!

Yohai Mor

Same as Alexander Weimer mention

Please sign in to leave a comment.