Screen goes Green...sometimes red, after adding adjustments

Comments

13 comments

Yaroslav Kizyma

Can you give us a bit more details what edits are you doing, under what circumstances this happens? Maybe there is some pattern in file format etc?

Comment actions Permalink
    Andrew Hewitt

Yeah, I see it on the image only here, but as a part of that process it seems to go through as it redraws the image as it applies edits.

Richard Harrington

Please make sure your GPU driver is updated and that your computer meets recommended specs for GPU.

K.G. Wuensch

@Richard, ever tried to update the GPU driver separately from the MacOS version on a Mac? And if a 2018 MacBook pro doesn't meet the recommended specs for the GPU then maybe you should cancel sales of Luminar 3 for MacOS...

Dirk Husemann

Same here — albeit on a 4 core 16 GB RAM MacBook Pro with all the image stored on a 1TB SSD. If that is not powerful enough to run Luminar 3, I'm out.

Richard Harrington

That does ineed sound like a GPU issue please be sure to file a support ticket. Are you using a beta version of macOS Mojave or which versions are you guys experiencing the issue on. Also how many other applications do you have running in the background that can be accessing the GPU?

Jeremy Tyree

Richard, I have the latest MacBook Pro maxed on CPU, RAM with the latest GPU Apple provided mid 2018 running on a 2TB internal SSD running the latest level of Mohave. Think my machine can handle your software. Being that other members of this forum are having similar problems, think it highly unlikely I have a hardware problem. Waiting on Skylum to respond to my bug report. Will post results.

Nigel Turley

I've experienced this a couple of times, but it's just one of a number of problems with L3 I've noticed (and others which are being reported in the community) which are making me very nervous of using it for any serious work at the moment. Think I'm going to revert to L2018 and see if things improve.

Ronald Skinner

Yes I've seen the color shift lots of times, I've noticed that when you edit a photo, then go back to it later, the edit side panel dims as the image is reprocessed and the color shifts as the previous edits are applied after a few seconds the edit side panel lights up with all the edits now applied correctly and the image is back to normal, it's very distracting. Using an iMac i7 with 32gb of memory. 

adam ooo

Imagine same thing happenning on Macbook Air 2013. It's just the color shift stays here for 10 maybe 20 seconds. I agree it's a slightly dated laptop, but 2018 version wasn't really that demanding...

Jeremy Tyree

OK, went back and looked at the photos I had imported into folders again.  Have a mixture of raw and jpegs.  Find that all of my raw pictures including ones I have edited have had the temperature adjusted, which was likely what I did to the first folder I addressed and then copied adjustments to all the rest of the photos in that folder.  Figured I'd start from scratch deleting the application and deleting the catalog.  Re-installed Luminar 3.  It came up with a message saying that it couldn't find my catalog and asked if I'd like to use the default, which is what I did.  Re-addressed my folder structure and experienced the same thing.  All of my raws had adjustments on them.  I use a custom workspace that apparently was brought over automatically from Luminar 2018.  Tried to reset default to quick and awesome and it didn't make a difference.  Tried a bunch of things with the same result.  

My thinking is that when I tried to de-install Luminar 3 by deleting the application and software, didn't delete everything.  Can someone from Skylum explain to me how to totally get Luminar 3 off my machine.  I will then attempt to re-install and see if I am reset properly.  

Jeremy Tyree

Yaroslav, part of the problem here is that I am learning the software as I am troubleshooting.  Here is my latest observations.  I have a file structure that Luminar 3 is using.  It is reading raw files taken from my Canon 5D Mark III (.CR2) as well as flatbed scans saved as jpegs and HEIC files taken by my iPhone XS Max.  Opening in edit, the last two types come in as shot as far as I can see.  Therefore, when I view them one at a time, there is no pause for Luminar to apply anything.  However the raw files are different. When I open these out of the library into edit, Luminar 3 immediately adjusts temperature and tint in Raw Develop to different settings I guess according to what it sees in the photo.  Can see this is by design as in using Luminar 2018 through Apple Photos, I never noticed this as a visit was always a one way round trip.  Can see now that Raw Develop was doing that on that version as well.  So without doing anything, I have adjustments on my raw photograph.  This of course causes Luminar 3 to add these adjustments every time I look at a raw photo.  Understand this now, but as I had put in another post, makes it untenable to view one photo at a time with my family or a client.  Nevertheless, for now, it is what it is.  The problem I am requesting support to address now is that during processing adjustments and I mean any adjustments on a raw photo, my screen goes to red/green or some other weird color.  Too many folks have seen this for me to have a singular GPU problem.  Let me know if you need anymore info.   

Jim McHale

If I'm in gallery view and then double click on a pict  as luminar draws the various previews on the bottom of the screen I see the main pict area flash red, one or sometimes multiple times.. Whats annoying is sometimes it stays red til I move any slider on the right, or click one of the filters... I'm on a macbook pro 2018 15" 2.6GHz i7, 32GB; running 10.14.3 beta 18D32a;   and it happens on local as well as external display.. Very annoying.. All the picts I'm looking at are jpgs.

Please sign in to leave a comment.