Luminar 3 so slow

Answered

Comments

99 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Remi,

The update is already out.

Please make sure to update the app via Help > Check for updates. 

If the issue remains please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Mario Kober

Has someone already access to Luminar 4? Is it maybe better? I think they might have started a beta round already.

Mario Kober

I already use the Affinity stuff in my daily job but I don´t like the Affinity Photo Workflow. It feels like an older version of Photoshop. Affinity Designer and Publisher are nice tools. For image development I like the style of Luminar if it just had a better performance.

Reehan Hoossein

Luminar 3 is still very slow after all the updates.  Crashes very often when you load 50+ 50MB files or system hangs if you upload a phone pano for post processing.  After each command you sit there for 3-5 mins waiting.

It does not have a reset button when you are in Clone & Stamp tools? 

I don't know how they get all these awards by certain organisations.

On top of this they are selling you Luminar 4.  Skylum should be upgrading this free of cost or for a nominal amount of USD 20/- not more.

I have HP i5 2.3GHz 12GB Ram PC.

andy gray

Moan after moan....if it so bad, and I dont agree, I use and get good results.....go and purchase other software try capture, dxo photolab there so many alternatives......

Hans Smits

I was sucked into upgrading to Luminar 4 by positive reviews etc and have asked for a refund
    It still sticks and pauses at lots of stages, even to do an export is very slow. Maybe this program only works for Mac and if that is the case I do wish someone would just be honest and say so.

Roy Norton

@andy gray  I did, Affinity Photo and it's superior to Luminar imho, and Luminar 3 is bad, so bad I've uninstalled and Skylum will never see money from me again. Another upside is that I'm now learning how to edit properly not have a program decide on what I may want creatively so each to their own it seems...

Jon Cowdock

@andy gray so did I - sad to abandon Luminar after 2 years as I loved the workflow, but they just have not gripped the performance problems at all.  I am now using DxO and Affinity, only occasionally opening Luminar for one or two of its filters.  An added benefit is that DxO renders my Olympus RAW files much better than Luminar, so an unexpected bonus from the switch!

Helena Carter

To Everyone - we're improving Luminar 3 performance with each release. it might also depend on different factors such as your hardware configuration and Library size. We recommend dividing your Library into multiple Catalogs if you have too many photos in your Library. It shoud improve the performance. 

We're improving the features both on Mac and Windows versions with each update. There are some differences, but it can be explained by the peculiarities of each platform. We wish these 2 versions were completely the same, but it's not that easy and quick to make all the features work on different platforms the same way. Our developers are definitely working on it.

Currently, there's no ETA for the next update, but we will keep you posted. Please, subscribe to our roadmap in order no to miss anything: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

@Reehan,

We don't use sidecar files in Luminar 3. Instead, your edits, ratings/color tags and albums are stored in your Catalog in state files.You can work with several HDD, but just in case you have multiple Catalogs. The thing is, if you move your Catalog and photos to different HDD, Luminar 3 won't recognize your Edits anymore. Still, you can right-click the folder after you move it to a different HDD and click Locate Folder. Please, note that it doesn't work for subfolders as for now.

Best regards

Post is closed for comments.