Luminar 3 so slow

Answered

Comments

99 comments

Hans Smits

Jason above is absolutely correct.. We don't want someone to make versions of our photos for us, that is what we are trying to do with your software in a fast efficient and easy way.. Please stop making add-ons. Give us a clean looking interface with functions that work. Or another way of putting it,, Lightroom without the subscription.. I have had Luminar 2 and 3 but have not been able to use them so am not going to pay for another lottery ticket..

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Norton

@Jon Cowdock,

Affinity Photo has seen a few updates in the last few months, the current version is 1.7.3.481, it's being quickly developed is and very well supported by the team using various forms of media for both bug fixes and learning.  I can highly reccomend Affinity for the price, not to mention the flexibility for passthrough workflow's when using both Designer and Publisher. Simply grab a trial and try it for yourself before committing hard earned cash.

Mario Kober

Yes with Publisher it has a great workflow but Affinity Photo is not a real alternative for Luminar. Luminar is more like Lightroom and Affinity Photo is like Photoshop.

Developing pictures in Affinity Photo is not very intuitive - you can do it but it´s not fun because it is not made to do that.

Jon Cowdock

Thank you @Roy Norton and @Mario Kober, this is very helpful guidance from each of you.  I'll download both the Affinity and DxO trials and lose myself in 30 days of processing and editing.

Luminar still has the best and most intuitive workflow for me, so it is such a shame they can't get their act together on performance issues.  I also didn't like the direction of travel for version 4.  Where's the fun and creativity in clicking 'quick fix' AI buttons?  I want to create my own images in my own style!

Reehan Hoossein

Luminar 3 is still very slow after all the updates.  Crashes very often when you load 50+ 50MB files or system hangs if you upload a phone pano for post processing.  After each command you sit there for 3-5 mins waiting.

It does not have a reset button when you are in Clone & Stamp tools? 

I don't know how they get all these awards by certain organisations.

On top of this they are selling you Luminar 4.  Skylum should be upgrading this free of cost or for a nominal amount of USD 20/- not more.

I have HP i5 2.3GHz 12GB Ram PC.

andy gray

Moan after moan....if it so bad, and I dont agree, I use and get good results.....go and purchase other software try capture, dxo photolab there so many alternatives......

Hans Smits

I was sucked into upgrading to Luminar 4 by positive reviews etc and have asked for a refund
    It still sticks and pauses at lots of stages, even to do an export is very slow. Maybe this program only works for Mac and if that is the case I do wish someone would just be honest and say so.

Roy Norton

@andy gray  I did, Affinity Photo and it's superior to Luminar imho, and Luminar 3 is bad, so bad I've uninstalled and Skylum will never see money from me again. Another upside is that I'm now learning how to edit properly not have a program decide on what I may want creatively so each to their own it seems...

Jon Cowdock

@andy gray so did I - sad to abandon Luminar after 2 years as I loved the workflow, but they just have not gripped the performance problems at all.  I am now using DxO and Affinity, only occasionally opening Luminar for one or two of its filters.  An added benefit is that DxO renders my Olympus RAW files much better than Luminar, so an unexpected bonus from the switch!

Post is closed for comments.