Luminar 3 so slow

Comments

73 comments

Fred Langer

Even with the December patch, Luminar 3 is painfully slow to load and use.  I have abandoned using it and will roll back to 2018 if no further improvements are made.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mario Kober

It is not a solution to use Luminar Flex because I bought it exactly for what it was sold to us. A lib und edit tool. It is like buying a car and the engine does not work but you can still sit in your car in front of your house - if you wanna drive somewhered you can take the other car.

Luciano Stabel

Isn't the catalogue issue fixed yet? I asked for a refund a few months ago, but I was willing to give Luminar a new chance. However, it seems that this issue persists..

Angela Andrieux

Hi Luciano,

We have released an update since then which resolved several issues. We invite you to download the trial and see if Luminar suits your workflow. If you need the trial to be reset please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to take care of that for you.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Henk v Hoek,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Luminar's performance on your Mac. Please note that 8GB of ram is the minimum required to run our software. If you're able to upgrade your internal memory you'll likely see a notable increase in speed.

Reehan Hoossein

Very Slow.....Very Disappointing.  I use Windows 10, 12GB Ram, i5.  Lately its not even copying adjustments to another image or not exporting Nikon D700 nef files.

Dmytro B.

Hi Reehan, please contact our support team, we'd like to look into this problem: https://skylum.com/support

James Regalmuto

Luminar 3 is so slow it's unusable for me. I have a Windows PC i7 with 16g ram.  I keep using Lightroom because Luminar takes forever to load "Luminar Looks".  Luminar 2018 was sooooooo much faster and usable for adjustments. I'm sorry I purchased this program, wanted Luminar 3 to work better, however it is way to slow. 

Sjoerd Woudstra

The speed has improved a bit, but still practically not usable. I switched to Luminar Flex. It has all the benefits of Luminar 3 and is fast, comparable with the 2018 edition. You can use it as a standalione progam. It only has no catalog functionality. But for that you can stick to Lightroom and use Luminar Flex as plugin.

Helena Carter

Hi @James, @Henk, @Sjoerd,

We will release a new update within a week which should improve Luminar 3 performance.

However, we're constantly working on it.

Remi Bergougnoux

Hi Helena,

I just purchased Luminar 3 and similarly to the others I face terrible and disappointing performance.

Is the update you're mentioning already released or still on its way?

Best,

Rémi

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Remi,

The update is already out.

Please make sure to update the app via Help > Check for updates. 

If the issue remains please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way. 

Helena Carter

To Everyone - we're improving Luminar 3 performance with each release. it might also depend on different factors such as your hardware configuration and Library size. We recommend dividing your Library into multiple Catalogs if you have too many photos in your Library. It shoud improve the performance. 

We're improving the features both on Mac and Windows versions with each update. There are some differences, but it can be explained by the peculiarities of each platform. We wish these 2 versions were completely the same, but it's not that easy and quick to make all the features work on different platforms the same way. Our developers are definitely working on it.

Currently, there's no ETA for the next update, but we will keep you posted. Please, subscribe to our roadmap in order no to miss anything: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

@Reehan,

We don't use sidecar files in Luminar 3. Instead, your edits, ratings/color tags and albums are stored in your Catalog in state files.You can work with several HDD, but just in case you have multiple Catalogs. The thing is, if you move your Catalog and photos to different HDD, Luminar 3 won't recognize your Edits anymore. Still, you can right-click the folder after you move it to a different HDD and click Locate Folder. Please, note that it doesn't work for subfolders as for now.

Best regards

Please sign in to leave a comment.