Lens Distortion not automatically active

Comments

4 comments

andy gray

bug...and so many being identified

Comment actions Permalink
    fPrime

Many people don't want distortion correction applied automatically!  It would be a pain to turn it off for every image that doesn't need it. I normally leave it off unless I truly need to fix straight lines like for architectural shots.

Where I want Luminar to eventually go with lens corrections is to allow us set these lens options (distortion, CA, and defringing) as global preferences or as default preferences for certain lenses/cameras as detected in the EXIF.

Denis Kotsee

I tested this on both Mac and Windows: in my case lens correction is applied to synced photos. Could you please share a few images you had this issue occur with, so that I could test them?

Here's how you can send the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this thread.

Also, describe your workflow step-by-step, so that I could reproduce it exactly - this is important for localizing and fixing the issue if it's indeed present.

Justin Crawford

I also agree that we should be able to set this as a global preference or per camera / per lens preference based on EXIF data.

I too have this issue. 

Here are the steps to reproduce all while in Edit mode.

1. apply lens distortion to one image.
    2. switch to another lens correction
    3. return to original image
    4. Lens distortion is no longer applied.

Also, sine Lens distortion is not saved to any image, it obviously cannot be synced between images. 

Dell XPS 9360, Windows 10, .RW2 files from a Panasonic G9

Please sign in to leave a comment.