Exporting files

Comments

12 comments

Rodney Brown

I agree,

this is something that needs to be fixed.

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Kotsee

Thanks - noted. This is not an issue that needs to be fixed though, it's just how export is set up.

Matt Savard

That is very disappointing. 

Gerald Lawson

I have previously used Adobe Lightroom which has the facility to export numerous RAW images to jpg format in one go. I have attempted to replicate this in Luminar but have been unsuccessful. Has anyone managed to do so and if not is this something you are working on for a future update?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gerald,

We don't have any immediate plans to change this behavior, but the request has been noted and shared with our developers.

Reehan Hoossein

After the update of luminar 3.1.1 it is not exporting files from Nikon D700 nef images.  

Angela Andrieux

Hi Reehan,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate this.

Marc Dobson

The current exporting location logic is a very poor design.It just assumes you will have a flat file structure and all exports in same place..

Its a total workflow killer.

Really needs to default to the source file location and/or allow some easy configuration so you can create an export location and directories and file naming.

As it is now, you may as well set it to any random location as it really doesnt matter as you have to change location every single time..

Rose Sood

I also feel it should default to the location of the original file

Kerry White

Hello, it's been a year now that this was shared with the developers.  Will there be an option, like a checkbox, to have the export default to the location of the originating file?  Bonus:  have it automatically apply a configurable suffix so i don't have to rename it for every single export.

Helena Carter

Hi Kerry, 

For now, there's no ETA yet, but we will keep you posted and we will surely forward your feedback to our developers.

Matt Savard

This is exactly the reason I never upgraded to version 4. Lots of promises to send stuff to the developers, but never any change on small workflow enhancing changes like this (export location, undo brush strokes, showing image name in the DAM, etc ,etc). It's too bad really, I use version 3 a lot.

Please sign in to leave a comment.