Was I scammed?

Comments

7 comments

Peter Hanmore

@cliff, I can't comment about most of the other url's but I believe fastspring is the company that does they're credit card processing.  I'm pretty sure that's how mine showed up.  Skylum used to be called Macphun - company name changed this past year and macphun.com gets redirected to skylum.com now.

How long between purchasing and checking your account on the skylum website.  Maybe it takes a bit of time for the completed purchase info to show up in your account?

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Don't know about countdownmail.com or activehosted.com but all the others are associated with skylum software. Skylum used to be known as macphun until its recent name change.

Vance Zachary

I had the same problem. The fastspring.com links gives the option to buy but not activate. I had to uninstall the program and reinstall using the link sent to me in the email and then I had no problem with the activation. Hope that helps

Vance Zachary

I had the same problem. The fastspring.com links gives the option to buy but not activate. I had to uninstall the program and reinstall using the link sent to me in the email and then I had no problem with the activation. Hope that helps

Denis Kotsee
    1. FastSpring is our payment processor, this is normal behavior.
    2. Amazon is our data hosting provider, this is normal behavior.
    3. The links have analytics codes embedded in them, this is normal behavior. They still open the pages they are intended to open.
    4. macphun is the former name of Skylum.

Galen Dalrymple

Yeah, rest easy. Skylum/MacPhun is legit!!!!  I've been using both Luminar and Aurora for a couple years now. 

Cliff Loehr

Thanks!!! I was already confused, because version 2018 was replaced with v3 and I was not sure which was newer.
    Then Luminar does not have a place to enter the activation code after it is running. Only a "But Now" button. Even when going to Help > My Software... the web site does not let you add your purchase. I had to exit the software, and re-run it to access the place to enter the activation code.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for taking the time to respond!

Please sign in to leave a comment.