L3 Cloud Sync Workflow?

Comments

7 comments

Mike B

Would also like to know how to get this working. I have a MBP and an iMac that i edit on, would like to have the same library. Was thinking of just putting the library and photos in iCloud Drive since i have 2TB there.

Tony Collins

I have exactly the same thing.

I'm using synology drive, and have a folder synced on desktop and laptop. Just like you, pictures and catalogue are in the synced drive. Everything seems to work, except that the laptop has the exclamation point on the folders in the library, and on the images themselves, even though "show in finder" takes me to the correct file.

If I make edits on the desktop, after the catalogue is synced, the edits show up on the laptop. And it works the other way - if I make an edit on the laptop (even editing an exclamation point image) it gets replicated on the desktop.

The only problem seems to be the exclamation marks - why are they there?

Scott Spain

Tony,

I had the exact same experience as you, but with Dropbox. I did find one failure. Maybe you can test too...

On the second machine (the one with the exclamation point), if I drop a file into a folder after everything is synced, Luminar doesn’t recognize it.

Mike B

Are you having the problem I am having outlined in this thread, Scott? 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360035228831-Technical-Reason-that-iCloud-Drive-for-syncing-libraries-edits-between-two-Macs-fails-

In my case, i am having issues with an iCloud drive folder for storing my catalog/photo library.

Scott Spain

Mike,

I have not. Unfortunately, I can't test now, as I've given up and gone back to LR for now.

Denis Kotsee

I was able to reproduce the issue with cloud sync you reported; I filed a report about this with our QA team, as soon as there are any updates, I'll post here on the forum.

Tony Collins

Thanks Denis - that's great.

Please sign in to leave a comment.