Luminar 3: edited file in Library - cannot access or export

Comments

26 comments

Yohai Mor

SAME 

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Duc Vu Anh and Yohai Mor,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs, otherwise it would be quite difficult to troubleshoot it. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email to support@skylum.com.

Please also include your computer's specifications:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your reply to your email.

Thanks in advance!

Yohai Mor

Angela Andrieux I'm uploading now video of this problem. 

Yohai Mor

as you can see all the editor panel not working, i sent the video to support@skylum.com

Duc Vu Anh

I thought the problem may be related to Workspace, the stuck image cannot load the correct workspace, as I use Quick and Awesome as default and add "Sun rays" filter after. 

Andrew Seed

The same issue works when I don't apply a preset to the image.

Andrew Seed

When a solution is found please post.

jj shields

I'm having the same problem. 

I can edit a file, but if I switch to another file and then come back to the first file I can't edit it.

Daniel Desmarais

I'm having the same issue. When I edit a RAW file, it looks great. I export it and I can see the JPEG file on the hard drive but not in the Luminar's library. If I want to edit again the RAW file, the edit panel freeze and the file do not open correctly.

Erwin Kargl

I had a simmilar issue. In my case there have been three background-tasks of luminar with no activity in the task manager (STRG + ALT + DEL) open. Closing these taskes in the task manager brought back the edit functions.

Eshe Wijnja

Same issue for me, unable to edit after a certain amount of time.

So in short;
    1. after letting Luminar 3 index
    2. started a edit on a RAW file
    3. played with denoise, tone, dehaze
    4. file gets locked somehow
    5. Closed Luminar 3 with the 'X'

Checked task manager, one 'Luminar 3' task still in there (using 2.8gb or ram but nothing else).

Tried to solve it by;
    1. Ended it manually
    2. Started Luminar 3 again to try if it was editable now

Waited for some time of the constant indexing issue, but now it just keep on 'indexing' or whatever it does, unable to get any kind of editing control back. It does keep doing stuff on my HDD though.

Sergi Gallén García

SAME

Karel Suchanek

I have the same problem.

Fred Lüdemann

I have had the same problem, but

I found out something:
    I also work here with DxO-Photolab. DxO-PL creates a settings-file after RAW-editing that is located in the same folder as the RAW file. Luminar recognizes this settings file as a standalone RAW file (or as a link to the original file). In the Luminar library, this RAW file will appear twice. You can also edit both files - but after editing one of this two files you will not get into the edited files. However, if I remove the DxO-PL settings-file from the folder and want to put a file in the bin in the Luminar library, the remaining file can be re-edited in Luminar in Luminar Restart. '

One must not leave the DxO settings-files in the folders with the RAW files, if one wants to import this folder in Luminar.

it will be the best if you delete the complete folder in the Luminar-library and delete the setting-files from Dxo and then import again this folder in Luminar.

Please excuse my bad english
    Fred Lüdemann
    but there are also RAW files that can not be opened after repeated processing.
    The filter bar remains gray.

It only helps to copy the RAW file out of the folder - restart Luminar
    - close Luminar - put the RAW file back in the folder - start Luminar.
    Then you can open the file again - but all settings are gone.
    • It only helps to copy the RAW file out of the folder - restart Luminar - close Luminar - put the RAW file back in the folder - start Luminar. Then you can open the file again - but all settings are gone.
    Duc Vu Anh

Hi Fred, you just can reset the adjustment to be able to edit the "locked" file anyway. It can do via popup menu by right mouse click on the Libary interface.

Eshe Wijnja
    To everyone who is trying to figure out what is going on, 
    many thanks thus far! Both the users and Skylum.

@Fred Ludemann @Duc Vu Anh
    This did not reset the file for me somehow (tried this last evening). I use lightroom normally (which is closed when trying this) but I don't think it matters.

I Did however have some succes after opening Luminar 3 this morning, and waiting until it indexed again... sigh, the RAW file was now editable again and still had all the edits I made yesterday morning! (which are superb in comparison to Lightroom I might add).

For now I'm able to work on it again but I'm not convinced yet it will not happen again.

I'll reply if something changes.

Duc Vu Anh

HI Eshe,

Curious to hear how can you make that happen? Can you provide the step by step so we can all try and see how is work.

For me:

1/ Don't mess with custom workspace, stay where you are with default setting once the issue is resolved

2/ Don't create new catalogue or trying to move the catalogue to other place, just C:\User...\pictures as default

Now I am waiting the night mare coming back :(

Duc Vu Anh

it backs much sooner than I thought. Now, my Luminar 3 cannot do anything, every edited files locked up without reason, and I am actually tired of that.

I am a loyal customer to Luminar, but it seems to push to my limit :(

Rodney Jones

I have the same issue with Luminar 3 on Windows 10. Edit any photo in the catalog or sync settings from an edited photo and others then I am unable to re edit the photo.

Latest from Skylum:

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you choose the picture (you edited before) and wait some time until the editing is loaded. I believe it requires a considerable amount of time.

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues in the end of January - beginning of February.

#####################################

Previous suggested fix

Luminar Suggested the following which did not work:

Please, do the following:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on Start button 

2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (steps 1-2 only for installing a new version) 

1. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open)

2. Find the folder “Luminar 3” and delete it (it deletes your licence for Luminar 3 too) 

3. Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and delete it (it deletes your Library) 

4. Install the app and launch it

Let me know how it works after that.

Duc Vu Anh

Skylum did not answer me, unfortunately :(

Nadjib Hamadou

Same problem! Working with Lumniar 3.3.0.1 (1610) with Win 10

Check this:

1. Edit some raw (sony alpha 7M3) picture.

2. Close the laptop (sleep modus)

3. Open the laptop and try to work on the picture edit with Luminar. The edit section is grey and seem to be freezed

4. Restart the program has no effect

5. Restart windows

6. Now you can reedit one of the picture. The next edit picture has the same problem.

Duc Vu Anh

The problems have been told by skylum staff lying on the use of AI Sky Filter. If you do not using that filter, as I do now as work around, your picture will be fine. They promise to fix this issue by next update at end of Jan.

Rodney Jones

Thanks for the tip on the AI Sky filter. Ill try that and see if things stop being read only after i edit an image. Lookung forward to the update that fixes it. Lightroom still rules and probably will continue to do so.

Robert Gaiser

This is still a problem with me...have to reboot the computer every 4 or 5 pictures.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Robert! Please reach our support team and we will do our best to help you: https://skylum.com/support 

Please sign in to leave a comment.