No easy way to know what file you are looking at!

Comments

9 comments

Denis Kotsee

Thank you - noted.

Comment actions Permalink
    Guy Meacham

I see now that this is just another example where windows users are left behind as second class users. After watching a Jim Nix Video I see that the Mac version has a new thing called "Tab Bar" which can be turned on and will then show the file name of any highlighted image. Very simple and useful!

Why did Skylum think that the addition of a tab bar was important to Mac users but somehow Windows users would be just fine without one. Sucks.

Alina Skylum

Hi Guy,

The Tab Bar is a feature that was tested in the pre-release, but didn't make it into the official release for Mac or Windows. Hopefully we will see this functionality soon for both platforms.

Jane Gimpelj

I agree!!!  This feature is a MUST!  I cannot tell which image I want to edit, especially when there are two images that are very similar.  Sometimes while going through the images to cull, I write down the images I want to edit first.  But, I would not be able to quickly see in the browse window which images would match the ones I want.  The colour rating will not do for me.

Anton Zvanut

Adding the possibility of image identification by showing up the respective filename is an absolute must. 

I would like to meet the hero that is able to fetch the right version of a photo only by a quick glance on the preview image without a bingo like try-and-see method.

I also have the feeling that the order of the previewing images is not the order that is used by the Explorer logic. Very confusing.

And last but not least: how do I refresh the library view in order to view the images that were added to folders just recently, after Luminar3 has been started? Is the application restart really the only solution?

Kind regards,

Dmytro B.

Hi Anton, do you internally store the images or you're using a NAS?

Anton Zvanut

Hi, 

My "photo work" storage area is on the second hard disk drive on may laptop. So far I haven't even tried to include the NAS into the library.

The problematic scenario is as follows: 

- I open Luminar 3 and all of the photos are there (Of course, unfortunately, all in one basket, the structure of the sub folders is ignored),

- I edit a photo in Luminar, save as a file new version (I add an extension to the photo filename),

- I may then edit a photo in PSE and save as a file new version. Now - this file does not get into the Luminar library, no matter what I try to do to refresh the shown up contents.

Only after I quit and re-open Luminar all the files, even the one inserted by PS,E are duly visible.   

I must add that last year, at the time when I purchased Luminar, I was told (and later on I received an information from support!) that PSE will be integrated by Luminar into the the post processing workflow by means of a plugin. Such plugin was not on the Luminar "delivery to do" list of the last autumn. Very disappointing for me who counted to lean my photographic future on the promises of Luminar combined with some minimum of Adobe. The reported problem puts the idea of integrate use of the two in an even worse light.  

Guy Meacham

The fact that Luminar completely ignores sub folder structure and does not offer an easy way to see the filename is one of several deal breakers for me using Luminar regularly. These seem like simple obvious requirements that are available in every other imaging software I use. I'll be really surprised though if Luminar bother to fix these issues this year. When I brought this to there attention before their solution was for me to rethink how I organize my photos!

Kirk Osborn

Hi Anton,

Could you send us the screenshots of your subfolder structure in Explorer and Luminar for comparison?

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of your workflow. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.