So this is Digital Asset Management is it?

Comments

11 comments

Adam Bliss

Agreed its more of a browser at this point.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jim Beattie

Wholeheartedly agree with you... in no manner, shape or form is this part of the software anywhere near a subsitute  for Lightroom. A lot of hype for nothing...

Tim Gillespie

It makes you realize how difficult this kind of software is to create.

Unfortunately I will not be moving off Lightroom any time soon.

After a day and a half of trying, I am now waiting for the first maintenance updates.

I put this software at around 0.91.

It is still half baked. And they know it.

I'm not going to bother them for quite a while. I will just wait for the update and evaluate this software when it will actually open!

Rob Davis

It went from being a DAM to a 'Library' recently. Whether we'll see a proper DAM who knows.

Phil Hurd

I've been waiting for over 2 years mate! I accept that the implementation of a DAM is a big undertaking and the basic Library module in Skylum is potentially a good first step. However you can't even send 3x  bracketed images from Luminar to Aurora, that to me, beggars belief.

Bob Rockefeller

There isn't all that much metadata in the first place. :(

But you can filter the library grid view with the Showing: drop down in the top right-hand corner of the grid panel.

We can sure hope for more options as the library starts to mature; it's starting off pretty basic.

Dann Lavery

One shouldn't be underwhelmed if one paid attention to the very recent marketing.  Not quite ready for prime-time but perhaps later in 2019.  Don't sell the farm just yet.

John Newton

sadly its a badly implemented extension , its also very slow on my  iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), yet again they don't listen they just do, i ve had enough of this ,im not paying again , my money is wasted on this company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJRN1APZeuM

Jon Shearer

See this page ---> https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Go to the bottom of the "Planned" column.

Paul Bernaerts

Indeed, this is not digital asset management. This is an elaborated Open dialog window which took Skylum 2 years to develop ;-). No keywords, no metadata, no smart albums... Most disappointing. Waited for this edition with libraries to decide, after seeing this... Anyway, at least we can fake our photos with fake sunrays :-)

Phil Hurd

The Library function will not transfer files to and from Aurora. I 'upgraded' to Aurora 2019 because I had read that the previous version wouldn't work with Luminar 3. The 'work-around' is to drop your 3 bracketed shots from the Luminar Library onto the Aurora icon. This works, however once you have finished editing you have to then Export the file back into your filesystem manually.

To me it beggars belief that a company cannot integrate its Library function with one of its own products.

Please sign in to leave a comment.