Luminar 3 WITHOUT libraries

Comments

7 comments

rich mack

I have the same problem with some images in Capture One. Fit to screen looks like salt and pepper, zoomed in and they smooth out. The reason I mention it is just to say sometimes it happens in other software too and is not strictly a Luminar issue.

Maybe the Luminarians will investigate.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Greg Scott

I plan to continue to use L3 as a PS plug-in.  The current stand alone app is far too unstable.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dann,

The .lmnr projects files are not possible at the moment, but we will be bringing them back in an upcoming update.

With regard to your second issue, we need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please send us a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

In order for us to directly track this issue, please send us your Hardware UUID:

1. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
    2. Click About This Mac.
    3. In the window that opens, click System Report.
    4. In the window that opens, make sure Hardware is selected in the column on the left.
    5. Locate the Hardware UUID string, copy it, and paste it into your reply to this email.

Thanks in advance!

Dann Lavery

@Angela Andrieux:  Thanks for the info.

Regarding item #2, Here's how I've tweaked my workflow related to L3.0 :

a)   After my normal import into Bridge CC2018, I right click on an image(s) and chose OPEN WITH L3.0

L3.0 opens in the EDIT mode but when opening for the first time (i.e. no images in the Library or "Quick Edits") no edit commands / filters are available.  The FILTERS Side Panel is greyed out.  See screen shot #1

b)   Next, I've found if I go into LIBRARY module and simply click on ALL PHOTOS, that seems to actually load the file(s) and I can proceed with editing per normal.

When I've completed the editing session I often go back into the Library module and click on the QUICK EDITS shortcut, then rt-click the image to REMOVE FROM QUICK EDITS.

The library is then empty.

It appears that as long as there is at least 1 file in the Library, the editing functionality is fine as normal, when I open an image from Bridge.  If I remove ALL images from the Library / Quick Edits, then I have to go to step b).  Once an image is in the library then "Bob's your Uncle", all the editing magic is available.

I suspect, that is what happened somehow with the denoise issue mentioned.  Now that I realize I need an image in the Library, I've not had an issue with any editing functionality since.  If I run across it again, I'll use the info you provided.

Happy New Year!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dann,

Thanks for the followup info. I'll let the team know that you're having trouble unless you have at least one image in the Library. Glad you found a workaround for now, though. Happy New Year to you, too!

Denis Kotsee

@Dann Lavery regarding the inability to edit a photo in Quick Edit when the catalog is empty: this is an issue that occurs not only when you send a photo from Bridge but generally when you open a file in Luminar with empty catalog via Quick Edit. I have reported this to QA team, we'll most likely fix this in 3.1.0.

Dann Lavery

Thanks !  

Please sign in to leave a comment.