Comments

13 comments

Wolfgang Röllig

drag and drop

Comment actions Permalink
    Marc Fairorth

I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking this is an oversight as it does not appear to be possible ...

Hello Skylum ?

Wolfgang Röllig

I do it via drag and drop! And it works...

(MacBook Pro, macOS 10.12.6 Sierra)

Stephen Campbell

Thanks Wolfgang but we should have a way to select them and be able to "add them to an album". As it stands the only effective way is to possibly select a group of photos and create a album but there is no simple way other than what you have suggested to include new images in an album. In my opinion not an effective workflow solution.

Richard Harrington

Please file a feature request under the Support main page and describe your desired workflow.

Robert Davidson

Yes there must be a quick and easy right click - add to album "travel", rather than having to have the Library window and Album visible to drag and drop all the time!. Want the photo "info" open all the time when I select thumbnails, and then a quick method like right click to add to my album. The way it is makes me have to switch windows from Info to Library all the time to be able to drag and drop - very slow procedure. Urgent fix for Lunimar 4 PLEASE! 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Robert! Thanks for your suggestion. I will pass it to our developers.

Robert Davidson

Hi Anastasia,

My suggestion didn't make it to Luminar 4! Very disappointed.

Robert Davidson

When will this be added? I have requested this a few times since Luminar v3. I've even posted images showing the menu with "Add to albums" that are available. Please look at this and stop adding new stuff when the basics need to be fixed.

Vita Bergman

Hi Robert!

Please note that we are not giving up the idea of adding this option. However, implementing new features sometimes entails technical difficulties that we need to overcome. 

Robert Davidson

I understand but there must be technical problems adding new features too. This is a basic need to improve efficiency and workflow, please look at it now.

Marc Fairorth

I want to second Robert here. Albums are one of the most important requirements for image management, and without the ability to easily add images into existing albums they are practically useless. This is a MAJOR FLAW in Luminar 4. 

Perhaps spend a little less time on the brilliant AI driven gadgetry and a little more time on basic usability features.

For me, this is a showstopper. I'm heading back to Lightroom and requesting a refund.

Elena Blum

Hi,

If you want the photos to appear in the existing folder, you can add them in the folder in your computer and they will appear in Luminar automatically. You can also import images to the folder.

Post is closed for comments.