Luminar 3 Crashing

Comments

49 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gilles,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we will be happy to help.

Comment actions Permalink
    Patryk Dulewicz

I have Luminar 3 3.0.2 usually crash once a day unfortunately now is unworkable is crashing  right at the start soon after library update crush done .So now I can't do anything.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Patryk,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to assist you.

Jim Kelly

Apparently all good things come to an end.  I have been using Luminar 3 since the beginning with no problems.  That all changed today.  Laminar 3 now crashes everytime on opening.  The splash window showes for a brief second, the library opens for another brief second and then the crash. I'm on a MAC running OS X El Capitan.10.11.16.  Any repair suggestions or fixes?

Stephen Campbell

Jim,

Sorry to hear of your challenges.

Have you tried rebooting your computer and restarting Luminar 3? I find that this simple process, which is often overlooked alleviates many headaches.

My other recommendation is to do a complete uninstall and then reinstall it again. It sounds like somehow the dmg file has become corrupted and you can't get out of the loop. My concern with this is that I it might mean that your DAM is lost. Do you have your Luminar library backed up. If so then this might be the easiest and quickest solution

Perhaps someone in Tech Service would have another suggestion.

Best of luck

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Jim,

Please try reinstalling Luminar 3. Follow the steps below:

• delete the app with AppClenaer. Download AppCleaner from here:http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and rename this folder(if you have created the Catalog in another Location, please navigate there and rename the Catalog folder). 
    • Go to Application Support (launch Finder > Go > Go to Folder > paste  /Library/Application Support/ > MachPhun Software ) and delete luminar3 folder. 
    • Go to Terminal and type: “defaults delete com.macphun.luminar3”, click enter.
    • After that please install from the link below: https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/mac/Luminar3Installer.zip 

Let us know how it goes. 

mark west

Luminar 3 sounds great , But ever since i brought and with updates continue to crash , i am going to give up wasted so much time trying to fix it , does not help when you struggle with pc s and macs like i do speaking there tech Language . great program if you can get it to work , gong to call it a day and go back to something that works 

mark west

Luminar 3 sounds great , But ever since i brought and with updates continue to crash , i am going to give up wasted so much time trying to fix it , does not help when you struggle with pc s and macs like i do speaking there tech Language . great program if you can get it to work , gong to call it a day and go back to something that works 

Matthieu Morillon

Hello, was anyone abloe to succesfully resolve this issue?
    Right now, the software is simply impossible to use...

Maryna Skylum

Hi Matthieu!

Have you contacted the Support Team regarding the issues you're encountering?

If no, please, do so at support@skylum.com.

We're ready to help.

Matthieu Morillon

Hello, I just did. I will try not to forget coming back to the forum in the future to post an update.

I bought Luminar 3 and pre-command Luminar 4 . But I am very disappointed , Luminar crash several time and it is not possible to work like that . Today I saw on this community that this problem it was running 9 month ago and Skylum don't find a solution . Are there not enough skilled people in Skylum ? If Skylum don't move quickly , it will dead .

Helga Rowles

Hi, our developers are doing their best to improve Luminar stability with each update. That said, crashes may occur due to different reasons. Could you please create a ticket at support@skylum.com so we could investigate your particular case?

Patrick G.

Dear friends at Skylum, please do something about the inordinate amount of random crashes...Skylum 3 fails at any given moment, no matter what the activity is: opening a picture, saving it, applying a look, really anything...Over the past two weeks, 28 (!) crash reports were sent to apple.....<sigh>....

Maryna Skylum

Hi Patrick.

Sorry to hear that!

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com. We'll investigate the issue.

vincent blanchard

I have the same problem... L3 crashs all time! The library looks to have issues to update... stay 10 min at 0% and decide to start.... (updating takes 10 min too), and so on.

I have wasted so much time! I have pre-ordered L4 but to be honest I am seriously considering going back to Lightroom.... 

very disappointing because L3 is a good tool.... but too many bugs.

Helena Carter

Hi Vincent,

We're constantly working on making Luminar 3 better.

However, it might depend on your hardware configuration, Library size and images format.

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com so we could look deeper into the issue.

vincent blanchard

Already done. I expected to have more info related to the crash report I have sent to your support team. Expect asking me to reinstall my catalogue I have not received explanations to help me to understand it. My files are stored on my network, so it could be the issue (I am moving all my files on my iMac to evaluate if it is the origin of my issues).

Yesterday, I have reinstalled L3 following your instructions but same bug during the library updating. The process bugs at 100%...

The real challenge is to keep all my edits...

mary riley

yes i have same issue.  i ran it as an island away from my network drive images for ages.. same processing issues. starting luminar always results in me going to make at least a cup of tea - 50% of the time it needs to be force quit to try again - it just gets stuck at 0% or worse completes and shows me blank folders... 

support -- .. right... always the same answer.. reinstall.. rebuild catalog.. ridiculous.  at once point the  error happened within 10 min of that reinstall rebuild completion. (its like the only option being 'have you restarted your computer" if you call for support on your pc/mac)

so now i just .. wait.. and wait..

same w/ image manipulation -- 30-70 sec wait if i change to a new image while it 'loads' but no progress bar to know if its done.. and no way to know is the image Really out of focus or is it Just NOT loaded again.  my filter favs - only randomly stay ,..  50% of the time it just chooses a random NEW set of filters... and i have to wait for THOSE to load before switching to my favs and waiting fo those to load next.  Sometimes it doesn't even bother to load the image thru the filters and i have to go to another image - wait and restart back to the original image. 

all in all... to process a batch of 600 pics - which used to take me about an hour w./ adobe bridge.. took me 10 hrs the last time i did it.

i love the filters, i love how it process my images - eventually -- but geez ... i have to schedule an entire day now to process . my pics. to add insult to injury - having paid to be an early adopter of this software - getting a notice from smugmug that its now included FREE as a smugmug client... so i paid for a free app.

Please sign in to leave a comment.