Luminar 3 Very Unusable!

Comments

7 comments

Barry Sachais

Trial ON1 RAW. I've been using it ON1 for a while and It's quite good. Mistakenly, I figured I'd give Luminar a try. Luminar 2018 was fine. The newest release is not usable for me. I'll be going back to On1 RAW, along with LR and PS. Maybe Skylum will get this disaster cleared up at some point; however, I didn't purchase Luminar to test their alpha releases.

Comment actions Permalink
    Renato Richina

Same here, I have 220'000 fotos and Luminar takes 8:30 minutes to launch Luminar 3. Launching Luminar 2018 takes 3 seconds, while launching Lightroom Classic CC 8.1 with the same catalog (220'000 pictures) uses 8 seconds to launch.

I have a lighntig fast system with Intel i9 8core CPU, 32GB RAM and the Samsung 970 Pro NVMe SSD, the luminar catalog resides on the SSD, while the photos are on a 7200k harddisk.

Also after launching after around 9 minutes, Luminar is so slow and sluggish - sorry, really not usable.

I am really wondering who has beta (alpha) tested this program during the past month: did those people had 100 photos on their pc and thinked: wow, the program is fast, eveything well?....

jean Vidal

Tout pareil nul

Wolfgang Daeschler

Same Computer, same problems!

Hubert Springer

Same problem here, catalog was stored in pictures folder which is on D: with a 1,5 TB HDD.

So I moved the catalog to C: which is a fast SSD. 

Now Luminar starts quicker but not as fast as Lightroom does, I hope december update will fix this issue.

Dave Amsterdam

I have a faster PC but the same experience. 

The first thing to do is to start with an empty folder, NOT with your pics folder. 

this will help the initiation. 

once you clear that, you will be welcomed to a very slow software that takes 10-20 seconds shifting between one image to another on the editing mode. 

Exporting is another issue... 

the only two things I like about it are that i left Adobe Lightroom and the associated costs and the AI filter that edits not bad and saves me time. 

Terry Rogers

Hi Dave. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.