Library of too many photos

Comments

4 comments

Brent Ball

George, I had a similar issue. I solved it in this manner. Luminar 3 installs the default "Luminar Catalog" as a folder in the Pictures Folder. I deleted the catalog folder and restarted Luminar 3. It recreates the "Luminar Catalog" folder inside the Pictures folder but the catalog is blank. You can then add folders via the Library tab in Luminar 3.

Be wary, though. If you have a ton of pictures not in individual folders (like I did) (use to be a 'best practice' when using Lightroom!) then it will take forever for Luminar 3 to index.

Hope that helps.

Comment actions Permalink
    George Dimitroff

Thanks for your feedback Brent. I've since had more issues and it appears we are not alone. The program crashes when it exports and there is simply no import photo button when I want to add some photos from the camera card.  Looks like they will have an upgrade at end of Dec and hoping that helps.  I've used Lightroom from 1.0 - 6.14 with 20k images, mostly edited and I'm exploring Luminar as a future alternative to subscription.  That's why I want to try it out with just a few images. It seems to have promise but we'll see.

Thomas Mahnken

Hi George,

I ´m curious: was Lightroom 1.0 as buggy as Luminar 3 is?

George Dimitroff

Going back to 2007 I believe LR1 had some bugs but nothing like this. LR had a very long beta session with thousands of photographers providing feedback before 1.0 was released. This is happening now with Luminar but with people trying the trial or some like me who purchased L3 as a new user are the guina pigs. I used a new installation from this forum and it helped but the import image dialogue is still missing. This is a critical feauture to using the software. Hope the update next week solves it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.