Luminar 3 - Some Issues

Comments

3 comments

Denis Kotsee

What is your camera model? The issues with color you're seeing may be due to the RAW loading but they also may be due to the fact that your camera is not supported.

Here's the link to supported cameras: https://macphun.us/luminar2018-supported-cameras

> images jumping around while on edit mode

Could you please elaborate on this? If you could make a screen recording of what's happening, it would be the easiest way for us to understand the issue.

Here's how to record your screen on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this thread.
    Comment actions Permalink
    William Angell

My Luminar 3 is also color jumping when moving to a new file in the library. I am using Raw files from a Nikon D750 and I am certain these raw files are supported. Luminar color jumping settles down after several seconds with what may or may not be the right colors being displayed.  Also, Luminar 3 takes a very long time to load and has crashed upon startup.  I finally reinstalled Luminar 3, and updated my graphics driver for my NVidia GTX 1070.  I can now use the program but if i switch to a different folder, Luminar 3 simply disappears.  No error message, just gone.  My system is an Intel 6700K with 32 GB memory on Win 10 (64).  My raw files are on an external drive (USB3).  At one time, I was running Luminar 3 and Luminar 2018.  I'm not sure if they impacted each other.  Now that Luminar has crashed once, It will not start again.  I get this message.

Edit Follow up:

I deleted my catalog file and restarted Luminar 3 and was able to startup Luminar 3 and create a new catalog, not the fastest process by any means, but my edits seem to still be there from the previous catalog.

At least some of the keyboard shortcuts (C for Crop, Ctrl T for transform, Ctrl J for Clone Stamp) do not appear to work.

I understand software tends to have bugs, but missing the keyboard shortcuts is simply poor Quality Control. At the very least, Skylum should get a release checklist and use it  While I like Luminar 2018 and use it often, the rollout of L3 scares me in that the capabilities of the Skylum MANAGEMENT, not developers, are not equal to the task of providing a software tool for millions of people that is competitive in features, performance, reliability, and usability.

Add to this the fact that, to my knowledge, Skylum has not said a word about the atrocious state of the newly released Luminar 3 (L3) adds more uncertainty to Skylum as a tool provider.

Peter Dijkhuis

I got the same problem: jpeg exporting takes a long time. Using tools same thing. Changes making in the editscreen sometimes causes coloreffects. Using the magic mouse, it often happens  (in the editscreen) that the next or previous picture is appearing. It can be soled i think by the developers that only a click on the icon can bring a new picture in front.

Please sign in to leave a comment.