(Almost) No keyboard shortcuts working on L3?

Comments

12 comments

Rodney Brown

Looks like Keyboard Shortcuts are working again in 3.0.2.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Schreiber

Rodney,

On PC, to my knowledge, we're still on version 3.0.1.1610. I have zero useful shortcuts working. It it so misleading calling L3 for pro software. MS paint has more working shortcuts than L3 :-/

Thomas Schreiber

Is this serious? Page 216 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQx5aAC0JgMFjP02TA2W5bsLi4564Mre6bi_s5FUhCs/edit#heading=h.fe5mchatk389

Almost NO keyboard shortcuts in L3 on windows?!?!? You must be kidding? :-)

Thanks,
    Thomas

Peter Hanmore

@Thomas, that seems to be the case.  Even though they menus still show all the shortcuts and the manual clearly states that the shortcuts should work, it seems that they have removed almost all of them except the photo tagging and a few others (see Angela's reply to my earlier post).  These all worked in L2018 - can't understand the logic of removing them this version.  I"m curious if they are there in the Mac version.

Denis Kotsee

We'll add the missing shortcuts to the Windows versions in one of the upcoming updates. Preliminary decision is to include them in 3.1.0 but this is still subject to change.

Tim Tuck

Why label shortcuts that don't work? Arghh!

Markus Gehlhaar

I'm glad shortcuts coming back. Any way to view an image in full screen without the hotkey F?

Denis Kotsee

>Any way to view an image in full screen without the hotkey F?

You'll be able to enter full screen mode via the View menu.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas,

The update to 3.0.2 will be released next week (more info here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041735072-New-Luminar-update-is-coming-soon )

Keyboard shortcuts will be fixed in that release.

Denis Duke

Updated to 3.1.1 and still no shortcuts working on my Windows 10

Angela Andrieux

Hi Denis,

Here is a list of currently available keyboard shortcuts for Windows: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-21-keyboard-shortcuts-for-windows

Can you specify which one(s) are not working for you?

Sabrina W.

Hello,

Im new to Luminar and so far really love it! The keyboard-shortcuts-problem however is curbing my enthusiasm quite a bit. Not only is it slowing down workflow but it's also affecting the final editing result. I'm mostly talking about mask editing shortcuts here. I have the current 3.1.1 version of Luminar running on a Windows 10 computer and almost none of the shortcuts (in mask editing mode) seem to work. The only shortcut from the list mentioned above (-> https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-21-keyboard-shortcuts-for-windows) that works is "Ctrl+I". Now in the meantime I've found out that "[", "]", "Shift+[" and "Shift+]" also work, but only if I switch to an english keyboard layout (which is a bit annoying obviously, not least because the symbol printed on the key of my keyboard doesn't correspond with it's functionality anymore). After switching to english keyboard layout the "\" key also works but instead of hiding/unhiding the red parts of the mask, like described in aforementioned list, it just shows a before/after comparison of the entire image.

Another thing I was quite disappointed by, is that the ability to draw a straight line between point A and point B in the brush mask editing mode seems to have been removed. I saw it in an older mask editing tutorial video, where apparently that was still possible by holding the "Shift" key while using the brush. Unfortunately it's not working anymore. A shame really cause it makes editing a lot easier and more precise.

Please sign in to leave a comment.